Awake says in Eden lions ate apples and Crocodiles ate Pinapples...are they crazy?

by Witness 007 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

I never got past how a perfect woman had a conversation with a talking snake. I'm not perfect and I would have gone running the other way to get my hubbie not to get his superior input, but to find out why he forgot to tell me that.

• blondie
    blondie

That must be a pre-1970 Awake that is not on the WT-CD.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    I'm not perfect and I would have gone running the other way to get my hubbie ... but to find out why he forgot to tell me that.

Blondie ...

LOL. Your hubbie would have been smarter than Adam and gone to the tool shed, pickup up a shovel and killed the damn snake.

I guess then we all woud be perfect today.

Rub a Dub

• james_woods
    james_woods
    The Cheetah is built for speed. Would they have us believe they were chasing fast-moving... fruit?

I have explained this on an earlier thread - apparantly (evidently) the Cheetah originally fed on tumbleweeds, which can be very fast when the wind is blowing.

Thank you very much.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The Armour on these animals! Im sure dinosaurs rihno's even turtles have tough armour due to falling coconuts!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Like others, even as a faithfull dub, I reasoned that the teaching on predatory animals being once veggie was just not reasonable. But I figured that I had the right to have "personal thoughts" on the matter, as a lot of them do. This article is a even more up to date, I did not search for a latest one. There are some dots, but it is an honest representation of what the article said.

"Awake 1982 10/8 p13

God’s Word clearly says regarding the first humans: “I have given to you all vegetation bearing seed which is on the surface of the whole earth and every tree on which there is the fruit of a tree bearing seed. To you let it serve as food.” (Genesis 1:29) Hence, man did not use animals for food.

What was the food of the animals? The inspired record states: “To every wild beast of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving upon the earth in which there is life as a soul I have given all green vegetation for food.” Or, as Today’s English Version of the Bible puts it: “For all the wild animals and for all the birds I have provided grass and leafy plants for food.”—Genesis 1:30.

Thus, independence from God and his laws is what turned man into the way of imperfection, violence and death. Also, as man turned toward lawlessness, the earthly creation, too, became chaotic. Man lost his loving dominion over the animals. Since humans could not control themselves peacefully, it is no surprise that the animals are in the same condition.

The animals—who had a vegetarian diet in Eden, as did humans—began to live off one another, some even eating humans when possible. (Genesis 1:30) And, as a concession for his survival, man was authorized to eat animal flesh for food after the Flood.—Genesis 9:2-4.

Yet, what about the features of animals and humans that are used for maiming and killing? Since God created a vast variety of different features, many of them could be adapted to the new situation to help in survival.

For instance, most animals would continue to eat vegetation, as is the case down to this day. An example is the powerful gorilla, with its awesome fangs—fangs still used to rip and consume heavy vegetation. But others adapted themselves to eating flesh. Yet predators make up only a very small percent of the animals."

A thoght just struck me. They still teach also that in the New World animals will not hunt each other or eat flesh ..and yet after the big battle the animal kingdom is literally invited to a "feast of dead cadavers slaughtered by a loving god. Now which is it? a lion that eats hay? or one that we know and would fear?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Apparently after Man sinned, Jehovah reprogrammed the brain of the lion to stop hunting delicious grains and berries, and start stalking and chasing down animals, then biting them in the right spot to kill them. This is as opposed to the ancient Smilodon that lived before Adam and Eve, which had extra-large fangs for... punching holes in coconuts so they could drink the milk? Something like that. And the reason they are found in packs surrounding mammoths in the tar pits is that they were very generous to their fellow animals, and were merely attempting to pull the mammoth out when he got stuck!

Since humans could not control themselves peacefully, it is no surprise that the animals are in the same condition.

Of course that's our fault too! This is where we get the expression "monkey see, monkey do"! Why, even the animals of the sea, such as sharks and anglerfish, were all about eating plankton until they peeked up out of the water and saw men killing each other! That's when they finally said to themselves, "Screw the rules, since Man is doing whatever he wants, we're going to eat other fish now!"

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I remember public talks where the speaker talked about how animals will become vegetarian. So, eating a pineapple is not too far off.

• mP
    mP

Like all good religions they lie thru their teeth. No where in the Bible does it say anything approachign that. In most cases Lions are animals representing might, war, aggression and power, and never peace.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Umm yeah... crocs here in the top end aren't exactly known for their fruit fetish. How would the croc even reach the pineapple to begin with? They can jump but their instincts are far more suited to hunting than picking fruit... useless climbers. They'd starve to death waiting for the fruit to drop from the tree in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit