Awake says in Eden lions ate apples and Crocodiles ate Pinapples...are they crazy?

by Witness 007 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Think About It
    Think About It

And T-Rex ate watermelons.

• wasblind
    wasblind

From what I see on tv large cats can climb trees, but not to pick fruit

any Jehovah witness believe that bull should test that theory

Climb a fruit tree , So we can see exacty who or what get ate

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

dangerous lol

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Makes me think of the GEICO commercial where the antelope have night-vision goggles to see the lion approaching.

"We see you Carl. Have you ever thought about going Vegan ?" .... ha ha ha ... ha ha ha ... ha ha ha.

Maybe in Eden they had better night-vision capability.

Rub a Dub

• 88JM
    88JM

The Cheetah is built for speed. Would they have us believe they were chasing fast-moving... fruit?

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ 88JM

Don't you know it's hard to catch an apple rollin' down a hill

• Simon
    Simon

It really makes a mockery of the evidence of creator by design argument ... I mean, many creatures are perfect killing machines - there is no way they would need the attriubutes they have other than to hunt.

e.g. Eagle's eyesight, Cheetah's speed (man, some of those carrots can really run!)

Not that I think they were designed - I just know they didn't evolve those things when they could have sat back and ate grass.

Stupid carnavores starving to death when there are no animals to eat and all that vegetation ...

• cofty
    cofty

This was my Achilles heel even when I was a loyal JW. I loved the natural world too much to believe in cheetahs playing with beach balls and eating straw.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

MMXIV - LOL!!

For pity's sake, my cat is a killing machine, forget about crocodiles and lions. His whole life revolves around catching prey - it's what he was designed to do. 'Splain that, Washtowel.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Witness 007,

The article you allude to published in the September 1, 1969 journal issue of The Watchtower is a perfect example of why recently I added articles to my blog about what the Genesis account says of meat eating.

Watchtower has intentionally misled Jehovah’s Witnesses on this subject by choosing not to publish the full range of thought from reputable commentators on the question. As it turns out, the text of Genesis 1:26 and 28 tells a bit of a different story when closely analyzed.

For more information see: Genesis and meat eating? available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/12/genesis-and-meat-eating.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit