OK I have got to the point of boiling fristration

by cantleave 30 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

I'm not sure exactly what's happened, but I know only too well how frustrating things can get cantleave. Enjoy your break mate, and come back rejuvenated!

Cedars

• caliber
    caliber

I remember many a JW saying the same thing. Next you'll be talking about "drilling a hole in their heads to pour in the 'truth'." You're not a JW anymore. People don't have to believe or not believe as you do or don't.

This is the mental attitude to take to avoid frustration for sure.

There is a difference between being exasperated and being frustrated however.

So let’s define the terms..... To exasperate someone is to ask them to do (or believe ) something they cannot do. To frustrate someone is to ask them to do (or believe ) something they do not want to do

A toddler, for example doesn’t care if it is cold outside. All the explanations in the world aren’t going to convince him of this. If you want him to wear a coat and he is refusing to put it on, just put it on him. If, on the other hand, you try to teach your toddler to tie his shoes, you will exasperate him. He doesn’t have sufficient coordination or mental problem solving ability to accomplish this. Sometimes we try to advance our children too fast.

In both cases however the above advice is invaluable ..stay calm why let anger get the best of you ?

We may be astounded or even shocked by a belief if we there after attach a strong emotion it can lead to frustration

We may be astounded or even shocked by opinion... but if we attach a strong emotion to it

Frustration is a feeling within us that we can control if we so choose .... because it is a that something is beyond our control that we don't like

If we truly have confidence our belief we will not feel threatened. Conviction gives peace

We may be astounded but if we attach a strong emotion this is what could lead to frustration for sure

Astound...To astonish and bewilder

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think you might have meant to post your comment to your unhappiness/divorce thread, Caliber.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You are addicted to this site Cantleave, so you'll be back before the year is even properly started, but a short break is good.

I had a few days away not long ago, no Internet, and when I came back here I found myself not reading certain persons threads or certain persons posts in a thread, it saves time, and frustration.

There is very little true debate on here anyway, but I contribute either to say something stoopid or for the benefit of JW's who may read here.

Your contributions , my dear friend, have been most appreciated, so , don't leave us entirely, unless that is best for you.

• caliber
    caliber
    I think you might have meant to post your comment to your unhappiness/divorce thread, Caliber.

No mummy I got it right ... oh and Happy New Year !!! no hard feelings though !!!

• perfect1
    perfect1

Cosmetic ingredients is an ongoing interest of mine. Whats the big deal about pthalates, anyway.

Ha. Just kidding.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Wah wah wah people here dont reason..... :)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You care too much cantleave. It might help to not care about the things you can't change (folks' minds and intelligence, those two aren't necessarily entwined) and care about what you can change and have some sort of affect over (yourself and perhaps a few others things I'm sure can figure out what). Control is a nasty habit to break. Reading a book might help. I'm listening to a debate on public radio about whether science can prove God. It's pretty lively and no one has called anyone a degrading name.

P.S. you can write more than one line with an iPad. I'm using one now and have been for over a year now.

• caliber
    caliber
    It might help to not care about the things you can't change

Reminds me of the universal answer for eveything

For believers only maybe oooppppss

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Too damn tiny to read.

You mean this, don't you?

God, give me grace to accept with serenity
    the things that cannot be changed,
    Courage to change the things
    which should be changed,
    and the Wisdom to distinguish
    the one from the other.
    Living one day at a time,
    Enjoying one moment at a time,
    Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
    Taking, as Jesus did,
    This sinful world as it is,
    Not as I would have it,
    Trusting that You will make all things right,
    If I surrender to Your will,
    So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
    And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
    Amen.
    I see no reason why that sentiment shoud be restricted only to believers.
    here's a couple earlier sentiments sans the believer's twist:
    From 1695
    For every ailment under the sun
    There is a remedy, or there is none;
    If there be one, try to find it;
    If there be none, never mind it.
    And an 8th century Buddhist quote:
    If there’s a remedy when trouble strikes,
    What reason is there for dejection?
    And if there is no help for it,
    What use is there in being glum?

Share this