OK I have got to the point of boiling fristration

by cantleave 30 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have spent too much time on here over the Xmas hols, thanks mainly to our rotten UK weather.

I am back at work tomorrow, where I can at least talk with other science grads who actually understand how the world works, and where I can have intelligent conversations about cosmetic ingredients. Yes cosmetic ingredients! I know that what I do is not making an enormous difference (except for eczema sufferers), but trying to debate stupidity on here over the last 3 weeks has been totally fruitless and frustrating. I need a break.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I logged out, but had to log back into say: "I wonder what it's like to be so far over my head." A quote from Neil Young in the song Last Trip To Tulsa.

You're going to be popular.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The secret is realizing debating people isn't for their benefit. They don't want to learn. It's to keep a balanced view.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

cantleave is a perfect moniker! (LOL)

Take a break. See you when you return!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    "I know that what I do is not making an enormous difference (except for eczema sufferers), but trying to debate stupidity on here over the last 3 weeks has been totally fruitless and frustrating. I need a break."

I remember many a JW saying the same thing. Next you'll be talking about "drilling a hole in their heads to pour in the 'truth'." You're not a JW anymore. People don't have to believe or not believe as you do or don't.

• tiki
    tiki

ahem......"fristration"? is that where your fists are clenched in frustration?

chill!!!!!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

No, FHN, they don't, but it is bit silly when people argue that things aren't true while simulataneoulsy getting all the benefits of those things they ignornatly decry.

• moshe
    moshe

A New Year and a new me!!!

I'm leaving and I won't be back until I have ripped abs ( the 8 minute kind) and can do 50 pushups, just like I did in Army boot camp

• bohm
    bohm

Get an ipad, you will be limited to one line replies

• bohm
    bohm

It can get frustrating sometimes, especially when people jump between arguments. I think its partly to do with the medium, i had the oppertunity to talk with a published creationist the other day and it was actually quite nice and rewarding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit