2012 report analysis - countries with reduced publisher figures

by cedars 47 Replies latest jw friends

• truthlover
    truthlover

the numbers for those newly baptized has moved little from year to year, although the "worldwide numbers" have increased - most of the "newly baptized" are born ins -- pounding the pavement doesn't figure in too greatly now... the hours are recorded but the baptized from the field is just not being realized.

Out of theose baptized at the convention this summer, one was from the" world" rest were kids of Jw's - I am sure one was 10 - only 5 were baptized.... also -- four were dis f'd and one placed on public reproof -- so poof -- no growth

TL

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

also interesting how they shuffeled population numbers around in countries that moved under another branch. Quite unlikely that Luxemburg lost 15% of its population in just one year. I guess somebody had used the wrong stats in the previous years.

Hoffnung

• Londo111
    Londo111

Great anaylsis! Thanks everyone!

• traveb
    traveb

One fact I like to point out is that from a demographic standpoint, the decline in the number of publishers in Japan makes sense since the country is going through a massive population decline of its own. It's been reported that the overall population will fall under 100 million in 30-40 years.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Traveb, the peak publisher decline is greater than the general decline in population. This chart doesn't show it very well, but it is there.

Decline over the past ten years of "peak publishers" is at least 2% higher than the population decline.

Some other possible causes:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/175707/1/10-Years-Japan-losses-5-400-Publishers-and-638-Kingdom-Halls-Why

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/61907/1/Japans-statistics-surprising-results

• factfinder
    factfinder

thanks Cedars!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Konceptual - " Interesting to note pub averages are up just over 30 hours. Could this be due to the March special effort which links the memorial invitation drop to auxiliary pioneering with a reduced requirement of 30 hours."

The March special effort seems to account for about 10 extra hours. The average had risen to 220 hours by 2010, then jumped to 231 in 2011.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

jgnat,

When you list the GDP of the "Wealthy and Internet Savvy" group of countries, presumably you are referring to the average , andper capita GDP of that group? According to the most recent estimates, Ukraine's per capita GDP for the year 2011 was USD$7200 - considerably different from the figure of $36 396 that you quote (unless their economy grew by some unbelievable amount in the last 12 months!)

Bill.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Bungi Bill, I lumped Ukraine in with bigger brothers and sisters. The quoted $36,396 is the average GDP for the dozen countries that make up that group. Ukraine's was $3,971, and HDI was 0.729.

That's the danger of averages.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

@jwfacts - thanks for the clarification.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit