2012 report analysis - countries with reduced publisher figures

by cedars 47 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

I've just started munching through the figures for 2012 in the new 2013 Yearbook, now available on JW.org.

I thought you might be interested to see which countries saw "negative growth" over 2012.

These are as follows...

countries in decline

*Sudan is so dramatically reduced because South Sudan is now independent and the Society has adjusted the publisher figures accordingly.

Countries added

The following 3 countries have been added to the worldwide report list...

• Saint Martin
    • Saint Barthelemy
    • South Sudan

East Timor has been renamed as Timor Leste.

I will be doing another thread showing the latest growth figures according to internet penetration.

I hope you all find this information helpful.

Cedars

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks Cedars, looking forward to more details.

Is the UK still growing slowly?

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Cofty

According to the report, Britain had growth of 0.6% last year. The year before was 1.2%.

Cedars

• cofty
    cofty

How happifying

• designs
    designs

The churn rate is one of the most interesting phenomena in the religion.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Why do Jehovah's Witnesses preach from houses to house ?

Jesus foretold for our day this work: ' This good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come'

The message that the Witnesses proclaim involves the lives of people; they want to be careful to miss no one"_______Reasoning book page 206

The Witnesses don't look like they're in a hurry to reach paradise

It took pullin' teeth for them to allow the sheep to incorporate the internet

I wonder why

Thank you Cedars, this goes well wit' a cup of coffee

• Sulla
    Sulla

Seems to me the big stories are Germany, Japan, and Poland. All 100k+, all gone negative. Of these, Poland is the biggest story of all, since there are good reasons to suppose that a place like Poland ought to have a good growth rate.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thanks for the real figures CEDARS. The "blank space" the society leaves as opposed to publishing a negative decimal value or zero is deceiving (that's the whole point of course)

Also keep in mind that a 1-2% increase is really a big goose egg in real growth - not even keeping up with population growth.

The loss of born-ins is one huge gash in the hull of this Titanic. The Internet is another huge hole.

The rats are running to higher ground (upstate NY) and ominous creaking noises are being heard. . .

Next, the lights will start flickering. . .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wonder if the GB will do the 'rabbit out of the hat' stunt like the 1975 fervour to recruit more?

Is a new prediction for 'Armageddon'(TM) on the horizon?

I agree their WBT$ ship is sinking. I wonder how long it will flounder before it finally goes down?

• 88JM
    88JM

Are we able to calculate the number of people who left/got DF'ed during the year, or was the method of working that out debunked?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit