2012 report analysis - countries with reduced publisher figures

by cedars 47 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

thanks JWfacts and Cedars, there are some stunning figures on this report especially Germany/Japan and Poland, wondering how the R&F are dealing with this report and what sort of spin the liars of the WTS are putting on it?

• cedars
    cedars

I think the 6.1% reduction in publishers in Pakistan is extremely significant given that Witnesses are already drastically out-numbered in that country (1 in 205,540), and this is precisely the part of the world the Society is almost non-existant and needs to be making strides.

Cedars

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

New Zealand down 0.07% may the decline continue and faster

• Joker10
    Joker10

Chile

Peak Publishers: 69,795

Average Publishers: 72,420

The average number of publishers is greater than the peak. How could it be explained?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Transcribing error? That is wierd.

• cedars
    cedars

Joker10

The average number of publishers is greater than the peak. How could it be explained?

That's an interesting find.

As I've been combing through the statistics, it's becoming apparent to me that there may be quite a lot of "creative accounting" at work in producing this report.

The population figures cited, which I believe are loosely based on the 2010 UN figures, are all over the place. I may well address this at some point in a separate post. For example, look at the population figures given for Nepal over the last 2 years. It seems 3 million Nepalese people have somehow vanished.

I don't think these figures stand up to close scrutiny, even against themselves.

Cedars

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Cedars, you are correct that the numbers do not stand up. For example, if you add up the figures for continents in the 2011 yearbook the world population was 7,172,654,195 but in 2012 it had fallen to 6,859,593,807. They are either not too thorough in their checking, or they have changed sources or methods for their population calculations.

Joker10, well spotted. I think this must be the first time I have agreed in writing with one of your posts.

• Joker10
    Joker10

Cedars,

It's not the first time they report a country of having a greater number of average publishers than the number of peak publishers. There have been similar accounts from 1970s-1990s annual reports

I do wonder, however, if there would still be 7,782,346 total peak publishers worldwide if they were to 'correct' the 69,795 figure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit