Born in, Convert or 1975er?

by Think About It 59 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Born in '63

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I have never really thought of 3 divisions like that.

Born in, Convert or 75'er?

Interesting thought.

For me born in.

Just Lois

• Londo111
    Londo111

Born in. 3rd generation. Both sides of family converted around the mid-50's.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A little bit of 1975er. My mother converted in time for the end of the world.

She got DF'ed shortly after it didn't come and went back years later without me by her side.

I joined the military and drank too much and had what I thought was a spiritual experience. The only God I knew was the God of my mother, so I converted as a young adult.

• stillin
    stillin

75er here. Lots of good old '60s principles. Worldwide peace and brotherhood. Corrupt, greedy governments. Racial equality. Materialistic shallowness...etc. It just rang my chimes and I jumped aboard.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

1975er

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Born in. Great Grandma converted in the late 1940's when mother was four. Mother followed her proudly into the madness. Dad converted six years after marrying Mother.

• Violia
    Violia

born in

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Convert, but in the days leading up to 1975.

I swallowed the whole thing, hook, line and sinker.

It all appeared to make sense at the time, and I did not bother to research the history of Watchtower. If I had I surely would have learned about it's long history of making false predictions.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wow, In the spring 1975 my sister was makin' plans for the prom

while the Jehovah's witnesses were in preparation for the

end of the world . Goes to show who made the better choice

Get out of her people, your in a cult

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit