Born in, Convert or 1975er?

by Think About It 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

My sister died in 1973, mother fell for their lies when they told her she would see her daughter in 1975, she converted in 1974. I was 4 years old at the time of my sister's death.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Dragged in, my mum became a JW late 70s when I was just starting school

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I would say I am a 75er as i was drafted into it as a kid in 1972

oz

• Heaven
    Heaven

My parents weren't officially baptized JWs 'til after all us kids had grown up and moved out. But we were definitely raised with this crap. The bound Botchtower books in my parents bookcase start at 1960. That's when my older brother was born.

1975 was a rough time for the family as my maternal grandmother was very ill and then later passed away. Armageddon's imminent arrival was overshadowed in our family by this terrible time for us. I was 11-12 in 1975.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Born into the hell known jwism

• Fernando
    Fernando

Born in. 3rd generation.

Walked out for good mid-2009 after more than 4 decades.

• wasblind
    wasblind

My sister died in 1973, mother fell for their lies when they told her she would see her daughter in 1975, she converted in 1974. I was 4 years old at the time of my sister's death._______Tameria2001

" But why do the witnesses call repeatedly even at homes of people who do not share there faith ?

People themselves change; serious problems in life may stimulate an awareness of spiritual need."________Reasoning book page 206

Even if there is nothin' wrong in your life, jus' bein' nice to witnesses could cause you trouble

Witnesses roll like a flock of Buzzards. they circle 'round until your to weak to fight, then go in for the kill

that's how they recruit

The truth is , I don't know of anybody who has a pet Buzzard

why??? Those birds will tear the flesh off you. And that's what the Jehovah's Witnesses do to your life

tear it all to pieces

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Born in, in the early 1950's. So, my kids were born in too, they left in their teens, and were never baptised, thank goodness. My wife was born in around the same time, her siblings were too of course, their kids heve left or were never in. My wife left just before I did, by a few days.

How anybody falls for it now, with the Internet, is beyond me. I think they only have success with the vulnerable, misfits, and the slightly loony these days.

• JWOP
    JWOP

Born-in, 1968, escapee, 2004

• fedup
    fedup

I was six when my parents became jw's 1969 - so i guess I'm a born-in

In 1975 I was 12, never thought I'd go to highschool.

Stepped down in '95

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit