Do People Believe We Are Condemned B/c of Adam and Eve?

by Band on the Run 93 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

There is a lot to do for each of us within our communities. Live and plan for the generations to come. One of the lessons from the Genesis story is that we are the stewards of this earth.

'The earth is what we all have in common' W. Berry

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

ep: if what you say is true there not much to enjoy. if this life is it than i have to enjoy it, its the only one right?

It's a shame you feel the need to insist others can't be happy because they don't share your fantasy life. I wonder what it must be like to be so incomplete as a person that you need a special invisible friend to feel superior to others.. Please have a nice Xmas.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ep: i know you not the type to attack, i never said a person who does not claim to believe in god cant be happy, just he better be happy now because thats it for him.and as far as enjoying 70 years is not that much compare that to forever not even a drop in the bucket. so dont think im saying athiest are sad ppl not what im saying.

• Skbj
    Skbj
    god spoke to adam and eve back at gen 1:28 and told them to have kids, so right from the start before satan spoke to them they did have kids in mind

U-raven, we cannot assume what's on people's mind, but let's give them the benefit of doubt, just because one has something in mind doesn't mean one KNOWS how it feels or how their thinking changes.

I haven't got kids therefore I cannot fully understand or be in the frame of mind when taking decisions about my future or my family's future, same as a person who actually has kids, I can try but by no means I can 100% understand why they do the things they do. I see it all the time with my friends who have kids, we are in complete different planets when comes to frame of mind, decision process and so on.

Did these two even understand what death was? Had they seen it in some animals? Were animals not perfect too? If they were perfect too like those we see in WT magazines, animals shouldn't die either...so how would A&E could they understand really death, if they hadn't experienced it?

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

"if god knows the future, there is no free will. if god doesn't know the future, then he isn't god. Entirely Possible,well said!!!! Unfortunatly,too logical for te dubs,and if you try to use that logic then 'Satan is speaking thru you" I know.Ive tried....:}

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The Watchtower teaches this. What they don't tell you is that the doctrine as they teach it comes from so called Babylon the Great. Augustine of Hippo taught is, and also taught about infant baptism, Mary being a perpetual virgin and the concept of a just war. I wonder why they are lifting someof their teachings from Babylon the Great?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

he better be happy now because thats it for him.and as far as enjoying 70 years is not that much compare that to forever not even a drop in the bucket. so dont think im saying athiest are sad ppl not what im saying.

OK. It's just this is the only life of us gets. And you did say there was not much to enjoy.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Human conjecture is one thing. Proof from God is another. Let us see the proof. Christ performed miracles, according to the gospels, and most failed to follow him. Asking for proof for an outrageous statement makes sense.

Otherwise, it is fiction.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ep: if that came out like that ,thats my bad iwas talking about timeskbj : i understand and i think it takes faith no matter what we believe!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Faith and Belief are very similar, but not exactly the same. I believe that my three cars are all safely parked on the driveway. I cannot see them, but that is where I left them. So, I believe they are.

That belief has some grounding in fact and evidence. If I then went on to say "In the trunk of each car I believe there lives a small pink unicorn with purple spots". But I have absolutely no proof of that, then that belief is pure faith.

So, Faith=Delusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit