Do People Believe We Are Condemned B/c of Adam and Eve?

by Band on the Run 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Skbj
    Skbj

Yes U-raven he told them they would die on that day. THEY not all of their descendents. They didn't even have kids at that point.

He told them the short of it, that to me that is not the small print, the small print comes after they ate Gen 3: 16-24.

I see all my friends who have kids especially little ones who constantly make decisions based on their kids. (too often if you ask me) but point it, as a parent is normal to think and want the best for your children, to sacrifice your needs and wants to fulfill theirs. I wonder if Adam and Eve would have had a family at that point instead of being just two of them and knew the real consequences of disobeying, would have they done something different? One reason out of many why this story stinks to me, always has. Because if we...with technically 6,000 years of imperfection on our books since this supposidly happen can think and have instinct in protecting our kids in such manner wouldn't two people who were perfect think and feel even more than us? Imo they would.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

i think on one hand it may be hard to take literal for others because its not something we see as possible, but i think the same as life happening without a designer that to me is not logicall.

It's always amusing to see people attempt to equate "not possible" with "not logical".

who is worried about me living forever.

I'm not worried about it.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

skbj: i just read your pm ill write back to your pm soon thanks, as far as the adam eve thing i understand what your saying, they did not have kids when they sinned, but look before they sinned god spoke to adam and eve back at gen 1:28 and told them to have kids, so right from the start before satan spoke to them they did have kids in mind. so i would think when they heard gods warning they knew it would have an effect on there future kids.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ep: so are you admiting you dont care about me?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

USR: What is the point behind that question?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

well ep: its hard to care about a strangers / or least a person you have never seen ,there living forever if you dont care about your own. so the point is its quite depressing and illogical to think we are just here with this great thing called life and yet just a spek in time never to be. we can look at adam and eve and say not logical. but not wanting to live forever is so much more ilogical. so why is it that i can want you to live forever and yet your not worried about me. i dont think im a better person. so why is that. maybe dismissing god forces a person to think like that because without god there is no hope

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

so the point is its quite depressing and illogical to think we are just here with this great thing called life and yet just a spek in time never to be.

That's more of a pre-determined conclusion than a point.

maybe dismissing god forces a person to think like that because without god there is no hope

No hope? Man, it must depressing to depend on a silent, invisible undetectable person only known from an error riddled book of misinformation.

Merry Xmas!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ep: merry apemiss to you as well. hes only silent to those who close there eyes(creation) the ears(his word the bible) . yes and no hope. without a creator there is nothing after death, the most that happens is our bodys become food for some animal or bug.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

hes only silent to those who close there eyes(creation) the ears(his word the bible) . yes and no hope. without a creator there is nothing after death, the most that happens is our bodys become food for some animal or bug.

Enjoy your rich fantasy life.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ep: if what you say is true there not much to enjoy. if this life is it than i have to enjoy it, its the only one right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit