DIY laundry soap

by Satanus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Cool, this might work for me cuz the smell of laundry detergent can give me a headache. As I've gotten older strong cleaning or deoderizing scents just don't agree with me. Thanks guys for letting me know of this option.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

PAINTED TOENAIL & OHIO COWBOY: It is good to hear from those who have tried it and know it works.

LIQUID HANDSOAP is easy to make using leftover soap bits and water. Put in a container with boiling water, melt the soap bits and stir until mixed. Let stand overnight, stir again. You may have to add more water depending on how thick/thin you want the mixture. You can make a LOT of liquid handsoap with only a few left over slivers of soap. Leslie

• Satanus
    Satanus

I have been using about half and half laundry soap w borax, for yrs. Borax was THE soap, in the olden days. Women washed their hair in it. Some people use it for bathing. The boron kills a few of those skin bugs that we all have. Does good for dry skin problems. Some people use borax saturated water w hydrogen peroxide to bath their fleebitten dogs. Borax is useful and quite harmless. Sales lit calls it a 'natural' product, although i don't understand how ground up rocks can be natural. Whatever, it's still good.

S

• scary21
    scary21

If anyone has an ALDI's close by their soap is the same as Tide, for about 1/2 the price.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I miss Aldi's. We don't have that store here in California.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

scary21-Funny you mention Aldi's soap, that is what I am currently using, and it works good too. I couldn't find washing soda, so I haven't made any of the above recipe in a while. Now that the above recipe lists how to make washing soda, I'll make it eventually. But, in the mean time, Aldi's does have good detergent.

• carla
    carla

Thanks for the recipes! Will try them out after the holidays.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Designs

Joke, btw. Hope you didn't take offence.

S

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What is washing soda? Does this have brighteners? I pay a fortune for baby detergent b/c of reactions to the commercial stuff.

Fabric softener can drive me crazy.

Is washing soda baking soda?

How finely do have to grate the Fels-Naptha?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bakinf soda can be converted to washing soda by baking at 400 degrees, like it says, up there. For powder soap, you need to blender it really fine.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit