DIY laundry soap

by Satanus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm going to follow this. I am cutting expenses every way I can. I hang my laundry in my big bathroom to dry so I don't have to put $1.25 in the dryer every load.

The amway detergent, you use a tiny scoop of it, but it's close to $50 for 150 loads. I mean it works great, but it's cost prohibitive for a budget like mine.

• clarity
    clarity

Oh wow 1/2 a gallon for such a small investment!

>

Satanus ... yes I would add the bleach separately,

when the washer fills up.

Is the bar soap,... yellow Fels Naptha, as that is

what we have here on the west coast!

>

Happy laundry!

clarity

• eva luna
    eva luna

WoW,

Sounds like a good money saving recipe Satanus.

I'm tired of spending alot on gentle detergents and double rincing everything. I have over sensetive skin and strong scents give me a headache.

Like the suggestion on the fabric softener too. I can have some fun with my essentail oil collection using this method.

Thanks for posting this.

e

(cleanliness is next to satanus.....)

• clarity
    clarity

Oh sorry I see now that it is Fels naptha ....

omg I love the smell of it!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Eva

The only perfume in this recipe comes from the bar soap. To have absolutely no perfume in it, you could use nonscented bar soap. You could use any kind that you like.

S

• talesin
    talesin

Tkx, S... I will use this recipe ... I have problems with scents,,, plus I LOVE the idea of making my own, instead of bowing to the corporate masters once again and buying their SHIT products.

xo

:P

tal

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tal

Hehe.

S

• talesin
    talesin

:D

lol, you know me!

• clarity
    clarity

eva luna ....just to explain about loving the smell of the soap.

Fels Naptha is not a detergent ..it is an actual soap that has

a very fresh smell!

So dont worry about any added perfume!

clarity

• eva luna
    eva luna

Thank You clarity,

Looking at the bar of soap, on line, in it's package, I do remember it very well. I lived way out in the boonies and the dogs and bambinos would always bring in poison oak. We were always sharing the blisters. I used it alot and I love the smell of it. It brings back many a memorie of having to miss meetings due to having poison oak. Oh, darn.

I think this will be my grand-bambinos and I next project when they visit. Make it all pretty in nice big maison jars to share , like someone suggested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit