What activity or dream did you put off till the New System?

by nochoice 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Have my wife get naked, glue pages of Studies of the Scriptures to her body, put a ball gag in her mouth and slap her on the behind while listening to Kingdom Melodies.

Rub a Dub

Seriously,..what is wrong with you?

Do you not know how much you can get for Studies in the Scriptures on eBay these days?

NJY

• SophieG
    SophieG

Happytobefree: *wink* LOL

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Oh yes I remember putting off the things I REALLY wanted to do as a kid/teenager for the hope of life in paradise but at the same time dreading Armageddon because I KNEW
    I would be killed by God.

My parents were shaken to their bones when as an adult I explained to them the mental anguish of being raised a JW...........the mental dissonance of hope of life in the New World but knowing in your heart you were going to be killed by god at any time.

• cantleave
    cantleave

My childhood was put off for the new system.

i HATE THIS CULT.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Having kids... Now it's too late for my wife and I... even if we adopt, it would be too much right now...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    RubaDub I think we have to wait to see what's in the new scrolls! We cannot be sure so we should not speculate if Kingdom Melodies will still be with us during the 1,000 Year Reign, or whether Jehovah will approve of ball gags.

nochoice ...

Good point.

Perhaps if ball gags are not approved, then we may have to substitute the "used" new scrolls. Or should I say, as new scrolls (New Light) replace the older scrolls there should be plenty of older scrolls available on the secondary market.

Rub a Dub

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

LOL!!! Rub a dub!!

Whenever I came up with something my mother thought would require effort or $$ on her part ( music lessons, class, hobby, etc.) she said : "Oh...no time for that....you can do that in the new system forever!"

She would then pour another drink and go back to her paperback novel.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I collected all of the Friday the 13th DVD's....And VHS....I was into Fangoria when Dad found da troof....The study conductor made me through out all of the F13 posters....Took me years but I finally got them!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

How about LIVING ! .. I mean that we were so hung up the nearness of the end that it made no sense to endanger that hope by taking time out for the things we wanted to do, the things that we really needed as a couple. Instead we just carried on..on the treadmill of meetings, service and preparation as well as elders duties...keeping busy in "The work of The Lord"

It was not so much what we put off as the pointless things with which we filled our lives

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit