What activity or dream did you put off till the New System?

by nochoice 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nochoice
    nochoice

depressing to think back on that state of mind, especially since I put off everything for the hope of paradise, while at the same time being absolutely certain I wouldn't make it.

Sorry Hortensia. I know that feeling of waiting until the New System, but constantly thinking I would be killed at Armageddon. How was a kid supposed to interpret - probably, maybe, possibly - you will be concealed?

I wanted to take up boxing as a teenager but there was no chance.
    Did some martial arts but had to stop when i was found out.

Are you out now Splash? Ever think of taking it up just for a nice workout?

So the minute I was out the first thing I did was sky dive! Now I'm addicted to free falling!

Nice SophieG!

music.

wa happened I knew so many young brothers that loved to play but the constant assembly parts killed it for them by their parents. I remember that the number one testimonial through interviews of young men at assemblies were about getting out of lucrative sports scholarships and how happy they are that they didn't go down Satan's road. Parts about brothers who walked away from playing music must have been close second!

Have my wife get naked, glue pages of Studies of the Scriptures to her body, put a ball gag in her mouth and slap her on the behind while listening to Kingdom Melodies.

Rubadub did you really think you'd be able to do those things in the New System? Lol

I only put things off until I was of legal age and could get out of that stupid cult of mentally ill people.

Yohan I am happy for you that you got out before you wasted your young adult or adult life. You're one of the lucky ones!

• gorgia
    gorgia

As a child I found the very idea of paradise extremely depressing - I couldn't think of any place worse I'd rather spend eternity. All those animals acting stoned out of their faces on valium, people smiling all the time for no reason, the fashion sense looked dreadful ..... All I ever wanted was to go to university - ofcourse that wasn't an option. I may be in my 30's, but I've just been offered an EARLY PLACEMENT in a university!!!!! I had to do the special test to see if I could even apply, as I had to leave highschool early (plenty of you will know all about this) and I am super-excited to announce I start next year. So, nochoice I have started to fulfill a dream quashed by the JDubs years ago.

• nochoice
    nochoice

I may be in my 30's, but I've just been offered an EARLY PLACEMENT in a university!!!!! I had to do the special test to see if I could even apply, as I had to leave highschool early (plenty of you will know all about this) and I am super-excited to announce I start next year. So, nochoice I have started to fulfill a dream quashed by the JDubs years ago.

gorgia that is cool as hell! It's a shame that because of the JW's you had to wait, but it will taste so much sweeter when you get it now!

• James Brown
    James Brown

I never even had a dream being raised as a witness. I was always waiting for Armegedon and the new order.

I got to be 60 years old and life passed me by.

I wish I would have gone to college and gotten a good job.

But that wasnt an activity or a dream back in the 70's. I just know now that is what I should have

done.

• nochoice
    nochoice

I never even had a dream being raised as a witness. I was always waiting for Armegedon and the new order.
    I got to be 60 years old and life passed me by.

James Brown you're not alone. That's pretty close to my personal experience. And now I am back in order to get a semblance a family in my life.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I always wanted to do volunteer work. The field ministry was so fulfilling, it just seemed like wasted time. I wanted to help in a more concrete way, but you would have been criticised for doing that, plus a lot of volunteer opportunities are associated with a church. I finally pushed myself to do it, 12 years after I left.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Have my wife get naked, glue pages of Studies of the Scriptures to her body, put a ball gag in her mouth and slap her on the behind while listening to Kingdom Melodies.
    Rubadub did you really think you'd be able to do those things in the New System? Lol

nochoice ...

Why do you ask that? Do you think that the Kingdom Melodies will no longer be available in the New System?

Rub a Dub

• jam
    jam

Sail around world in my 60 ft. yacht, plenty of

reading material, instruction on how to play the guitar

and alone. Funny thing, I have learn to play the guitar

didn,t wait for New System. Sailing around the world, that,s

another matter.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

marriage, education, hobbies, friendships...anything that wasn't directly related to "kingdom interests".

after all, what if Noah asked you what you did during the last days and you said ANYTHING BUT PREACHING,

He would reply...well, i'd have liked to learn to scuba dive, too, but I was busy preaching and building an ark

to save the lives of my family and animals and anyone that would listen.

Give me a break.

• nochoice
    nochoice

I always wanted to do volunteer work. The field ministry was so fulfilling, it just seemed like wasted time. I wanted to help in a more concrete way, but you would have been criticised for doing that, plus a lot of volunteer opportunities are associated with a church. I finally pushed myself to do it, 12 years after I left.

Lisa Rose I am so glad you're doing REAL volunteer work now. It was always so disturbing to go door to door with someone that introduced themselves as a "community volunteer." I think that ploy worked many times and got more placements for that publisher, but it was so misleading.

Why do you ask that? Do you think that the Kingdom Melodies will no longer be available in the New System?

RubaDub I think we have to wait to see what's in the new scrolls! We cannot be sure so we should not speculate if Kingdom Melodies will still be with us during the 1,000 Year Reign, or whether Jehovah will approve of ball gags. See here WT 2010 4/15:

How will Jehovah use his holy spirit in the coming new world? That spirit will be the force behind the new scrolls that will be opened at that time. (Rev. 20:12) What will these contain? Evidently, Jehovah’s detailed requirements for us during the thousand years. Do you look forward to examining the contents of those scrolls? With eager anticipation, we await that new world. We cannot begin to imagine what it will be like to be living at that blessed time when Jehovah will use his holy spirit to fulfill his purpose for the earth and humankind upon it.

Funny thing, I have learn to play the guitar didn,t wait for New System. Sailing around the world, that,s another matter.

jam I hope you get to do some sailing, even if it's not internationally.

marriage, education, hobbies, friendships...anything that wasn't directly related to "kingdom interests". after all, what if Noah asked you what you did during the last days and you said ANYTHING BUT PREACHING, He would reply...well, i'd have liked to learn to scuba dive, too, but I was busy preaching and building an ark to save the lives of my family and animals and anyone that would listen.

Fedup I remember that thought process too. "When the door to the ark is closing, do you want to be out in feild service or at a movie?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit