Looking Back, Did You Notice Many JWs Had Drinking, Drug or Mental Issues?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As an elder, I saw many people that were affected by booze, drugs and mental health issues. A lot of Witnesses fought depression and turned to other things when they realized they couldn't keep up the pace and find inner happiness with what they did do.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Alcohol? Absolutely. We used to drink at quick builds.

Drugs? Lots of prescription drugs floating around. because:

Mental health issues. What's awful is most never got help because therapists were so poo poo'd. Although there was a Chiro in my area that all the dubs would go to. I called him a witchdoctor since he had all these "special treatments" using your energy. Oh but it's not going against a persons conscience. People swore by him and refused treatment from those darn medical Dr's.

These people are a wreck

• solomon
    solomon

A missionary couple I knew were hard core alcoholics. They could really pound back the booze!

• Honesty
    Honesty

How many JW's do not have drinking, drugs and/or mental issues?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

that's an even better question

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Booze, drugs, mental issues.

Seems to be the "unspoken requirements" for the Dubs, the shorter answer is, how many of them have not been affected by that.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I never observed drugs (back in the 1960-1970 era) but most of them that I knew drank like fishes.

• minimus
    minimus

The younger generation of Witnesses, especially elder's kids did drugs, sex and rock & roll!

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Depression and PTSD also booze

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Yes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit