JW.org reports on the Sandy Hook shooting...

by cedars 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Cedars, why is JR talking in that video as if he has golf balls in his cheeks...

(you don't have any "gettin' 2 no u" material on him )?

• sd-7
    sd-7

It could be that some individual JWs will offer some assistance. The big problem is that there will never be an organization-sponsored assistance for these individuals beyond attempting to recruit them. Because that's the thing they put above all else, recruitment, and disturbing events open the doors to recruitment opportunities.

The only reason it would be relevant to mention JW kids would be if they were actually victims, I would think. The fact that they weren't makes it a sort of non-news item, unless their stories are going to be related in detail or something, like if they got some kids together and prayed or something like that (I'd be impressed to see that one).

Is it wrong for them to mention it? No. It's more wrong to say that JWs in the area will offer assistance, when they'll really only offer recruitment, which to them, I suppose, is assistance. If you're not interested in joining up, you'll be told to have a nice day, and there the 'assistance' will end.

--sd-7

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

I had to laugh at some of the posts like Outlaws LOL. As Witnesses, we probably all thought about our FELLOW JWs during tragedies. Not that it was normal but it was in our mind. Looking back....it was self centered and encouraged by the Organization. Just to think that when this tragedy occured......some Witnesses were getting up their crackerjack presentations for field circus and using the death of these kids as a "conversation starter". YOU KNOW the JWs are eating up this news amongst themselves as "Proof of the Last Days". It's evidence to those sitting right now, who are on the fence, to not leave the "Spiritual Paradise". This will be a BIG talk at the upcoming DA's and SA's. Such a disgusting Religion and a Mind Control Cult.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

It could be that some individual JWs will offer some assistance. The big problem is that there will never be an organization-sponsored assistance for these individuals beyond attempting to recruit them. Because that's the thing they put above all else, recruitment, and disturbing events open the doors to recruitment opportunities.

--sd-7

Right on!
  • Listener
    Listener

"...Jehovah’s Witnesses in the area are offering assistance and spiritual comfort to the families and communities affected by this tragedy"

On this forum many expressed their horror and sadness in regards to the incident but somehow the JWs stand above us all. They don't need any comforting but instead they will to provide it to others.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Two thoughts. First "Jehovah's witnesses in the area" - why didn't they say "JWs around the world" are offering assistance...

The other...think how it would appear if a Catholic website stated, "Initial reports say that two Catholic children were at the school, but thankfully not injured". One of the sweet little boys was Jewish. What would we think if a Jewish website reported something in the line of what JWs have posted?

We've becomed accustomed to the JW response, almost inured to it. In any disaster it's always, "our brothers are okay, and we are helping them out." It's never "we help regardless of your religion"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Today on NPR I listened to a report about the religious community of Newtown coming together and extending spiritual support to those affected by the tragedy. I heard comments from a rabbi and a catholic priest. I heard comments from the citizens of Newtown. I heard nothing concerning the jws.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

This will be my only post on this subject.

I offer my condolences to all affected by this tragedy. I have grandchildren (3, 1, 1) and although my children are adults now I can barely imagine the grief.

I was a cop for 30 years. Never had a gun, wouldn't want one. Was at the wrong end of one a couple of times.

I have no idea what the solution to all this is, or if there is one now - maybe it's gone too far.

Some years ago I was in the US working on a case. I worked with two FBI guys. One never carried his gun but it was to hand if needed. The other (much younger) carried his all the time, including to church. One guy we dealt with had 147 firearms and he and his wife slept with loaded 9mm automatics under their pillows - in a very rural, almost zero-crime area. When this guy and his wife came to the UK to give evidence we had to convince them NOT to wear bullet-proof vests when they gave evidence (he insisted on wearing his under his clothes).

When my colleague and I were off-duty on our visit, we wandered around (as you do) and ended up in some fairly unsavoury places. Unarmed, not hiding that we were police, 'innocents abroad'. We had some interesting encounters but never had a major problem, maybe because we were used to talking to people rather than getting into pissing contests.

The UK is not, of course, a paradise and we have many problems here. But I offer my sympathies to my US friends because I don't think you're living in the land of the free - I wonder if you're living in the land of fear.

No offence intended.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Pay Attention You WT Apologists, Elders, Ministerial Servants, Pioneers and JW Publishers:

WTBTS generously dedicated all of 6 lines and 4 short sentences on the third page of its’ website to report the brutal massacre of 20 beloved kindergarten children along with 6 caring teachers and school staff.

Left behind are parents, husbands, wives, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, cousins and friends painfully grieving over the loss of such precious life. And the best you (Jehovah’s Witnesses) could do was dedicate 6 lines and 4 short sentences on the third page of your precious website.

My, I’ll bet Jehovah God, Jesus Christ and the throng of heavenly angels are so proud of you (WT) and your generosity!

May the Almighty, himself repay you in kind!

• scotoma
    scotoma

Being an atheist I really feel the weight of death. I believe you only have one life. My parents are gone. Really gone. Some day soon (sooner than some supposed eschaton) I will also be gone. Any memory of me will not make it past my grand children.

Why do people mourn an early liberation of the soul to eternal bliss.

If I had such a belief I would go out of the way to be a martyr.

If you buy into the beliefs of those who are getting together to pray for the dead children don't you feel some conflict with the cosmic reward system.

Jehovah's Witnesses are not exempt from this incongruent thinking. They believe that both killer and killed will be resurrected. And then face the possibility of a second death.

All the religions are out of touch with reality. But I think it would be more comforting to believe that when you die you go to a better place. Unfortunately that's not the reality.

Let JW's celebrate the life of their children that were unharmed. Let JW's believe what they want. They are just on a different drug. Most on here didn't like the drugs they were getting from the Watchtower. So what's your new drug? Quit picking at the scab.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit