JW.org reports on the Sandy Hook shooting...

by cedars 112 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

From the official JW website...

School Shooting in Connecticut

DECEMBER 17, 2012 | UNITED STATES

On Friday, December 14, 2012, a shooting took place at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut. Media outlets are reporting that upwards of 27 people were killed, including the gunman and 20 children. Initial reports indicate that at least two Witness youths were at the school during the shooting but were not injured. Jehovah’s Witnesses in the area are offering assistance and spiritual comfort to the families and communities affected by this tragedy.

Media Contact: J.R. Brown, Office of Public Information, tel. +1 718 560 5000

Interesting how a significant portion of this statement is used to convey the fact that there were two Witness kids at the school during the shooting. Surely, given the scale of the tragedy, that information is irrelevant.

Cedars

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Like I said yesterday on another post, it's amazing that the "only true religion" just did a head count on their own, if that doesn't scream cult, I don't know what does.

All the churches of all denominations in the community opened their doors, if someone did walk into a KHall, how long would it take before they'd be asked "would you like to have a bible study"?

• cult classic
    cult classic

Watchtower is a joke.

That comment is for the JWs because surely no one else cares that there were 2 JW kids in the building who were unharmed.

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

Except .... that is the only bit of info that 'their people' wanted to know. Yeah, 6 and 7 yrs olds were killed. So were teachers and staff and that is horrible...but more importantly were any of them witnesses? As if that makes it easier for the JWs to swallow.

I remember any time there was a disaster...the only question I would hear is "were any of them witnesses?" What religious beliefs the victims held is the LAST thing that anyone else cares about! They are people and that's all that matters....but that's not the way a JW thinks.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

pathetic

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Waits for the...."The 2 JWs were protected because of being in a seperate room doing bible study while their classes were doing xmas stuff" scenario to appear in the Awake very soon.

• trillaz
    trillaz

Ahh, so J.R. Brown is still the PR guy. Too bad his cassettes and CDs no longer circulate.

When the Witnesses ignore the other families with their needs and instead look to offer Bible studies, I wonder if they will be honest and quote Galations 6:10.

Really, then, as long as we have time favorable for it, let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to [us] in the faith.

Every time I see this used as a response for what R&F should do in emergency cases, it gives a stern reminder that "those worldly people" are not related to those associated with the WTB&TS.

• pixel
    pixel

" Witness youths", I ask: are these two " Witness youths" batized?

• sir82
    sir82

I think JR Brown should be bombarded with telephone calls, asking for specifics about the "assistance and spiritual comfort" that JWs are giving.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The WT PR meaning of offering spiritual comfort and assistance = placing a trashy armegedon is almost here 16 page magazine free of charge but a donation would be most appreciated or perhaps a a funeral sermon extolling the WT and is nothing more than an infomercial designed to increase membership among the gulible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit