JW.org reports on the Sandy Hook shooting...

by cedars 112 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

They truly are in a different world when it comes to only caring about JWs.

I would have been ashamed if I'd been responsible for a press release like this.

Cedars

• undercover
    undercover

JW.org is the preferred news outlet for 'true' servants of Jehovah, you know - WT cult members...

So the news is slanted for their sensibilities. Most hardcore JWs immediately think, "Oh no... I wonder if any of our young brothers and sisters were involved..."

Of course CNN, MSNBC and Fox aren't going to break down the religious leanings of the victims, so the WT site has to be there to answer the burning questions of their followers.

And yes, it is pretty pathetic, looking at it from an outsider's (normal people) viewpoint.

• flipper
    flipper

The self absorbed compliments this WT organization brings itself to always use as a marketing tool pushing their scam is unforgiveable. Especially in the face of horrific murders like this

• scotoma
    scotoma

Cedars,

I don't think this type of comment from you is typical. It is very insensitive to say that JW's care ONLY about their kids. When there are disasters, Sunamis, Earthquakes, Terrorist attacks every geographical region headlines their local news with the residents of their area that were affected.

I know you don't usually take such a petty position let alone lead the chorus.

How can we claim we are different from JW's when we use a tragedy like this to start kicking other people.

• cedars
    cedars

Hello scotoma

You say:

It is very insensitive to say that JW's care ONLY about their kids.

Where in my two posts on this thread did I say: "JW's care ONLY about their kids"?

My comments were directed at the Watch Tower Society, as any reasonable person can plainly see. Jehovah's Witnesses as individuals are not naturally self-absorbed. They are only taught to think that way by the organization through statements such as this.

You also say:

When there are disasters, Sunamis, Earthquakes, Terrorist attacks every geographical region headlines their local news with the residents of their area that were affected.

You fail to justify why a religious organization with only 7.5 million members should respond to these events in the same way as the media of a country would regarding its citizens.

I'm sorry if you think I am unreasonable for being appauled that the Society apparently feels that two JWs surviving the shooting is AS newsworthy as the 20 non-JW kids who died.

Cedars

• undercover
    undercover

It is very insensitive to say that JW's care ONLY about their kids.

Deep down inside, JWs care about people in general. I'm sure they were as horrified as the average person at the news of the shooting on Friday. The true inner self does care about other children outside of their community.

Yet, their cult personality often supercedes the real personality. Which at times means that , yes, they do care MORE about their own kind. It's apparent in their theology. They are looking forward to a time when their god will destroy the wicked and preserve the faithful. Just who is it that suffers during this armageddon? Everyone but JWs, including children, family and neighbors.

I'm curious as to how many JWs uttered these words, or similar, over the weekend, "Oh how we need the new system" or "Jehovah will destroy these wicked types at Armageddon", not realizing that while they are mourning the death of innocent children at the hand of a crazed gunman, at the same time they are wishing for the destruction of mankind in general, just to take out the worst of them.

It's disturbing actually, but they don't see it. They're too indoctrinated.

• flipper
    flipper

SCOTOMA- Cedars is correct in posting information like this and he is accurate. If you have been on planet earth in the last 40 years you will notice that Jehovah's Witnesses and the WT Society ALWAYS, ALWAYS print WT or Awake articles patting themselves on the back talking about their own relief efforts of helping MAINLY Jehovah's Witnesses as if to indicate that somehow, someway NOBODY else on planet earth is helping people in disasters ! They are a smug, self serving bunch of people who are taught that people outside of the JW religion are " worldly " and not worth saving unless they show an interest in the WT Society. Cedars is just sharing what the WT Society has put on it's own website. It's very ACCURATE that JW's mainly care about their own kids. It's being honest, not insensitive

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

"Jehovah’s Witnesses in the area are offering assistance and spiritual comfort to the families and communities affected by this tragedy."

That's a lie. They are just going in service as they normally do and using the hype surrounding the story to try and manipulate people into studying The Bible with them.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It reminds me of the talks after 911. Dubs bragged how they went around offering literature with life saving information to all who were volunteering their services and working. They also made light of the other religious organizations that offered either labor, or food and water.

They are so frickin' clueless

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Jehovah’s Witnesses in the area are offering assistance and
    spiritual comfort to the families and communities affected by this tragedy.

We`re in the neighbourhood offering WatchTowers.. Could you Stop the Ambulance for a Minute?..

To Anyone who`s Child was Shot.. I`ve got WatchTowers for your Passengers!..

.................................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit