Do Witnesses Ever Talk About Their Living Forever And Never Dying?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I might add that NOW in 2012 my mom just tells me, " well, we don't know for sure when Armageddon will come but it has to be soon . " Very sad. Hoping against hope

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

" well, we don't know for sure when Armageddon will come but it has to be soon . "

Right, so why deny people an education and a decent living.

JW's are just like abused mates constantly making excuses for their abusive actions

• Joliette
    Joliette

Its sad. I'm 29, and there are still people in my age group that are depending on what the watchtower says to be true, because there very existance depends on what the watchtower publishes. Its really sad. Soon those 29 year olds will be 49 year olds, then 69 year olds (if they are still living by then). Giving up your heart and soul for an organization that cares nothing about you or your family.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I think JW's think they should beleive they will live forever but most don't really fathom it really happening and on some level don't believe it at all. It's just an unspoken assumption that everyone in the Hall beleives it and you're the only one that doesn't toatlly buy in to it. Everything runs smoothly so long as no one says anything about it outloud. That's why at JW get togethers, no one ever talks about it because God, the Bible and eternal life are subjects not open to discussion or any kind of debate.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I hate how they use it for such a crutch. I recently talked to a dubs who I had lost contact with. Upon learning I haven't been to meetings in 8 years, she asked: "Don't u want to live forever?" I laughed and asked why dubs think they have a monopoly on that? Before it got weird I told her we would talk later as I was pulling up to my home.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

My dad talked about getting into the Paradise by 'underground' recently. He was a true believer in 1975. He relocated his family across the country to save his brothers and sister from being destroyed in 1975...it is almost 40 years later and he is still gung ho, and broke, as he was never going to get old in this system.

My husband sometimes brings up that he always expected to live forever with me by his side and he is now sad that I won't be there. I told him not to worry, as armeggedon isn't coming anytime soon, and I'll be dead long before then...and being dead, I'll qualify for resurrection since someone like King Solomon, who was given everything by divine intervention, extreme wealth, wisdom and women, and he turned apostate and led an entire nation away from serving Jah, was getting a resurrection...surely an inconsequential woman with no special blessings from god would be too.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Isn't it "dozens now living may never die" now?

• gorgia
    gorgia

I remember 20 years ago my father being labeled as 'worldly & materialistic' by the cong & family members for selling life insurance & certifiably evil for planning people's retirement funds when I was in my teens. Older JDub family members would ask me, when I was a child, why my father wanted to do that as a job when Armageddon was just around the corner? Isn't that misleading innocent people into thinking 'this system of things' is going to last?

I remember when my parents bought a lovely new house when I was in my twenties & my mum's JDub sister commented that it was a rather financially frivolous move, seeing as Armaggedon was coming. Not that long ago my aunt bought a brand new house, full of new furniture. That must have been a bit of a mind-shift.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It is pretty amazing to me that there are still those who were around in 75, who thought Armageddon was soon, very soon, who still think, yes, soon, very soon. As the saying goes, fool me once shame on you..........

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

My mum said recently that she didn't expect to see Armageddon, so I guess after 4 decades as a Witness she has started to realize that it was a kind of a pie-in-the-sky. She is only 70 though, and she still seems relaxed and comfortable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit