by purplesofa 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

Don't own them anymore.

NightOwl

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Simon,

I just think until we get this all hashed out, gunowners need to be responsible for the guns they have right now.

Every little solution is shot down with........well that won't work because....blah blah blah.

When I was a young mother a gun was shot off in my house by accident when my son got it. It was on the fireplace mantel, I did not know it was there and certainly did not know it was loaded. After that day, no gun has ever been in my house.

Again, I am asking only for something we can do without legislation, laws, delays by debates.

I hear you loud and clear.

purps

• finally awake
    finally awake

If everybody was responsible with dangerous items, this world would be damn near Utopian

• Yohan
    Yohan

I have a couple...couple dozen. All but two are locked in my safe. One is stashed somewhere in my house and another is sitting next to me. I have thousands of rounds of ammo but none of that is locked up. I also have a lot of smokeless powder and primers as well as bullets and shell casings. I didn't kill anyone today nor have I in the past. I don't plan on it in the future either but I do practice in case the need to defend myself or others from great bodily harm or death arises.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I have to admit that I sometimes see my shotgun deep in my closet and get a "WTholyF!!" jolt because I've basically forgotten that I had it.

Not best-practices material, I know; but I don't ever have kids around and it's not loaded anyway.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Lets see here, one's in the center console of my Cruze, .45 is in the drawer beside the bed, shotgun is in the corner of the bedroom. The rest are locked in the gun closet.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I agree with Trillaz' point - a person may be mentally healthy and no risk to anyone when he obtains a gun, but 20 years down the road he may become dangerous. I don't know what the ideal solution is, but I guarantee that if one of my kids showed symptoms of becoming violent or suicidal, our guns would be gone immediately.

precisely why we need to pass laws renew every so often, and watch out for our neighbors, family, friends ..their behaviour

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Aren't people who think they need semi-automatic weapons by definition mentally I'll?

Well yes they are, if you are consulting with the same shrink the Watchtower consults to diagnose 'apostates'.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

better to have and not need than to need and not have. anyone who leaves a weapon... even a blowgun unattended is as responsible as the shooter. dont ban guns, ban stupid people. oh wait, that wont happen. stop blaming guns when stupid people are the problem.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

or better yet, make guns unnecessary. wont happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit