the dumbest thing a CO ever said

by nowwhat? 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

"if it was'nt for the preaching work there would be millions more witnesses" - he was saying Jehovah wants quality not quantity.

si i'm thinking, what's the difference as long as he has a people that live by bible standards and are moral. maybe sharing their hope and faith with friends and relatives on a casual basis? how backwards is that?

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

They need the most easily deluded .

The meek won't sue .

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Let me get this straight. He was saying the preaching work actually reduces the number of Witnesses?

But then they always point to increases as "proof" of Jehovah's blessing.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that JW "theology" is full of blatant contradictions and non-sensical ideas and beliefs?

00DAD

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Actually, he is probably right. I don't know about millions though. Door to door work brings practically nobody in, and it's a turn off to some who are unbelieving-relative sympathizer types who don't want to join because of the embarrassment that is peddling magazines door to door.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

nowhat? Did that " stumble you"? That's a "Get out of jail free" card!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh boy here we go.

"White shirts are the only shirts to wear with a suit for brothers."

"Star Wars is a mockery of God's creation."

"My wedding was very humble. Some sisters made a meal, and other sisters entertained us by singing kingdom melodies. I think that's very ideal."

"Saturday morning bookstudy before service is depriving us of holy spirit during the week"

the list goes on

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The earth will be destroyed by tennis ball-sized hail...

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Actually, the preaching work does turn off people to the point that they don't want anything to do with Jehovah's little church.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Our CO said: "Paradise can only reached by Underground".

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

a DO once said at pioneer school that genetic information is only passed thru the fathers side, women are only incubators, thus "scientifically" giving evidence of the headship arrangement. "whaa?!?!"

looking back, i cant belive i sat thru this and made excuses to justify not walking out right then and there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit