School Shooting - God

by elder-schmelder 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I don't think God does much either way outside a spiritual sense anyway. He doesn't cause all the great things that happen. And He doesn't cause all the bad things.

DUDE ... really.. that makes your GOD what ? all mediocre.... all lame ..or just entirely half assed

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

"when God does not get involved, people want to blame Him..."

but he answers your prayers about feeling a little sad or needing to buy a car at the right price?

Cant have it both ways...

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

If you have to power to save a child and you choose not to - THEN YOU ARE AN A$$hOLE !!

God has the power and then chooses not to save them.

That is how I know that he is not loving, or real.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Children have been dying, killed and made to suffer for CENTURIES.

Just because we have MODERN weapons and IDIOTS that have access, it's become much more common place

Think about all the children slaughtered during in Scotland (at Andy Murrays school) The Dark Ages, the Inquisition, during the Wild West expansion and of course Thousands of years earlier - Massacre of the Innocents.

This is not new, just now publicized because we have the MEDIA to do it all.

GOD could have stopped all thousands of years ago, why didnt' he? Because HE DOES NOT EXIST

Just turn off your TV and go Hug your Children

• sabastious
    sabastious
    God = Loving

Hello elder-schmelder. Yes, God is loving. He created the world from an act of love on His part. He knew what was at stake and He made the decision to get the universal ball rolling. Really, a single individual such as yourself may not have the capability of understanding God's creation 13.7 billion years after the Beginning. Grasping the decisions of God is a process as we are so young.

God = All powerfull

Yes, God is also all powerful. However it should be noted that God sets rules upon himself which means he has to act on his WORD. Any king must have checks and balances, even God. That's partly what religion is, the study of how God IS just, not IF God is just. Because the CHOICE to create the universe WAS LOVING it was ALSO just, becuase love IS also justice.

God didn't stop this from happing?

No, God did all in his power to stop it, the failings are on humanity, ball's in OUR court. We should feel BAD about allowing this to happen, not curse God for giving us freedom. The factors of which are out of his control involve the ABUSE of HUMAN FREEDOM. God gave us his word that we are free. What happened in connecticut today was a case of this, which IS ALLOWED. If abuse of freedom was NOT allowed then it would CEASE TO BE FREEDOM. Therefore abuse is a necessary evil for free will to BECOME a reality.

It dont add up to me !!

That's because you are morally confused and you are a tad bit stubborn about your own personal feelings and conclusions. With situations like this you need to clear your mind of all noise and take an objectve look. This means going back to the Beginning and asking whether it was worth it or not. If it was NOT you are calling God's choice to create the world IMMORAL. If you believe this then you also believe that the world should not be and therefore are advocating the destructon of humanity.

In reality all of humanity is a study for the case of FREE WILL. Do we deserve it or do we not? That's the real question that so desperately needs an answer.

-Sab

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

You're going to get a ton of atheists that are against you, Sab. But that was beautifully written, and reflects my understanding as well.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Atheists? You think Christians dont hear this and wonder how god could let it slide? I was a JW for 20 years and every incident like this made me question!

I have no doubt you are too. Stop lying to yourself. If it pains you and you are a lowly human, how much would it pain the personification of Love if he existed? If you had the power would you intervene?

He doesnt..why? To prove a point? That humans that HE made imperfect and desiring to sin cant look after themselves in a world he made it difficult to live in.........(cultivation of ground, birth pangs).

Its NONSENSE, it doesnt make any sense and IF he did exist, you would have to hate him, why would you worship such a douche bag? Because he tells you to? Because of his authority? If a king of a country told you to kill your firstborn would you because hes the king or would you tell him to F- off ! God or no god, if he existed, this would be an evil act, though his old testament makes clear he has a fondness for infanticide !

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You're going to get a ton of atheists that are against you, Sab. But that was beautifully written, and reflects my understanding as well.

• snare&racket
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

"the failings are on humanity, ball's in OUR court."

So was it really fair of a god to say "lets see how you do making your own decisions......by the way 'ABRACADABRA' you are now imperfect, 'SHAZAM' you are now desiring to sin. 'HOCUSPOCUS' it is now difficult to provide for your family!"

Kinda made sure it went all wrong didnt he, doesnt really prove anything about sovereignty does it, doesnt really prove anything to Satan or the 'angels' to allow these acts to continue does it? They could simply say "But that wasnt fair, they chose to make their own decisions but then you made sure they would fail! What would have happened if you just let them be as they were in Eden but allow them to decide right and wrong and NOT make them desire to do wrong?"

Oh dear.. God coughs to himself in an embarassed manner, looks away and floods the earth again "3rd times a charm!" ?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit