School Shooting - God

by elder-schmelder 58 Replies latest jw friends

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

God = Loving

God = All powerfull

God didn't stop this from happing?

How can someone believe that god is real?

It dont add up to me !!

elder-schmleder

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

im not getting into a god disussion but this is horrible. i wish this idiots would just kill themselves. i cant imagine the pain of the family.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Everyone wants to get rid of God in every part of their lives, yet when He lets them have what they want, they blame Him for it! Makes me sick, honestly.

These kids are now with their loving God, and are not sad at all. They are in a wonderful place right now, seeing more amazing things and meeting more amazing people than any of us ever have.

That's all I have to say about this. I'm done on this thread that tries to shove all the blame on God after trying to get rid of him. Shameful.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

During my lunchtime walk I was thinking to myself how JWs will view this as more evidence that we need God's Kingdom. The problem with that though, is all of the people including the children that survived this massacre are going to be destroyed at Armageddon. What the gunman(possibly gunmen according to new reports) didn't accomplish, Jehovah is going to do so a billion times over except for the 7 million plus JWs on the earth. Truly God is love.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

How terrible, what a disgusting act.

In the UK we find it hard to see how USA defends gun laws, we really do. I dont disagree with the right to defence and all that, but in simple terms your gun death rates are unbelievable. How many more school kids will have to suffer this or fear this?

America is such a beautiful country, built on fantastic ideals and principles, but the machines that can kill another human via the squeeze of a finger really need to go.

We had our last school incident in a school around 20 years ago and (then we banned hand guns), there is no act more vile than this.

Snare

Edit: "They are in a wonderful place right now, seeing more amazing things and meeting more amazing people than any of us ever have." Jesus christ some people are freaking scary..... like REALLY scary.

• sir82
    sir82
    Everyone wants to get rid of God in every part of their lives, yet when He lets them have what they want, they blame Him for it!

The 5 year old kids who died wanted God out of "every part of their lives"?

Or are you saying that because some adults want God out of "every part of their lives", God decided to let 5 year old kids be brutally murdered in horrifically terrorizing manner?

Not quite sure what your point is, but either way you're not exactly helping God's case here.

• sir82
    sir82
    JWs will view this as more evidence that we need God's Kingdom. The problem with that though, is all of the people including the children that survived this massacre are going to be destroyed at Armageddon.

Actually, per JW doctrine, what the gunman did was far more effective than 120,000+ hours of preaching.

It takes 4000+ hours of preaching to net one JW baptism.

Those 30 people dead were all slated to be slaughtered by God at Armageddon "soon". Now they've got a free pass to the "new world" via a resurrection.

Net increase into the "new world society" is plus 30, and it didn't take 120,000 hours of preaching to get them there.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

The thing is he's been allowing these things and much worse to happen since the beginning of time. It's clear that he is a hands off god, and we don't need to spend time worrying about what he thinks. We need to fix our own problems, and stop waiting for god to do it. I would like to know what the killer thought killing these innocents would prove. Who or what was this message directed at?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I'm saying that when God does not get involved, people want to blame Him.

It goes both ways. God is given credit for everything. And He is blamed for everything. I don't think God does much either way outside a spiritual sense anyway. He doesn't cause all the great things that happen. And He doesn't cause all the bad things.

I'm just saying that it is ironic that everyone wants to take all reference to God out of our lives, and then blame Him when things go bad. And I'm talking in a general way. These kids did nothing wrong. And the adults haven't either. But they are more than happy to blame God when a nut case gets angry at his mom and kills her and her entire class of kids.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    But they are more than happy to blame God when a nut case gets angry at his mom and kills her and her entire class of kids.

There's a side of me that agrees with you. God, if he exists, certainly doesn't hold our hands. That said when something like this goes down, it really can't be blamed on God.

There's a flipside to that coin though too. That if God does exist, and if he's as all powerful, loving, concerned, etc. as his adoring worshipers would have you believe, you'd think he'd be more prone to making his presense felt and have a greater hand in the affairs of this planet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit