Have You Changed Since Getting On To This Site?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Are you the same poster/person now? I have seen many posters mature here. Some still act like JWs but others have shown recovery and progress from the Witness mentality.

• cedars
    cedars

I find myself more concerned about other people's mattresses these days.

Cedars

• brinjen
    brinjen

I think I've grown a lot in the 5 years plus since joining here. The place has certainly broadened my perspective on many issues... not just those concerning God or religion but life in general. This board did help give me the freedom to look back on many events in my past and give mysef closure on the many painful points. I think I'm much more grounded nowadays and focused on what I want out of life and what I need to do to make that happen.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I haven't matured a bit!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Well I came here in 2002, didn't post much, began all my researching then in 2008 took a few years break. Came back and it was now .net not .com and all my posts were here and account was still active so began reading and sometimes posting again.

I think the passed couple years being back has made me more cynical and bitter. Perhaps a little jealous that I do not have the guts that many of you did to just say fcuk it and quit cold turkey. I have changed, but not necessarily for the better.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I think this site has accelerated my reversion to my authentic self. I'm sure that some - perhaps many - people would say that my authentic personality is no improvement on my cult persona, but I'm no longer in the business of repressing myself solely to satisfy someone else's preferences. I am also finding this site useful in discovering new ideas and new ways of looking at things that I had not considered before.

• minimus
    minimus

Cedars, at least you don't feel like you are having any more nervous breakdowns! The mattress brings you more comfort, I think.

• cedars
    cedars

minimus

Cedars, at least you don't feel like you are having any more nervous breakdowns! The mattress brings you more comfort, I think.

That sounds fair. I'll run with that.

Cedars

• Pterist
    Pterist

This site is a support group for me where I can see I am not alone in the questions I had as a JW. It is also a great source of information of what is currently going on in the org.

As the Father leads us in Christ in our development, it is hoped that this reciprocal approach of input can be mutually edifying, where God can use ANYONE he wishes, but I hope it's not a talking donkey LOL numbers 22:30

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have changed my underwear and socks, but still have the same jeans on.

Man, everyone has changed since getting on this site. So this is an opportunity for people to say how they see their own changes.

I think I have the compassion for others that JW's always claimed to have. I had much less when I was engaged in doing the recruiting work.

I have grown immensely. Too bad it's not just on the inside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit