If all of our sins are forgiven, what is GOD going to judge us for when we die?

by jam 55 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

Inkie: just an assumption. I feel that most people in

the world today are basically good people.

No date on that, that I have seen.

• Pterist
    Pterist

It seems according to Revelation 20, that those part of "first resurrection" pass from death to life in this life. They face a judgement in this life course on their co-operation in the divine life workng within.....I believe this has been happening since Penticost to present. On maturity in Chris whether 50 60 100% they avoid judgement of the second death.....

At the end of this age those not in Christ, ie first resurrection, come under judgement, and are judged "worthy of Life " or not by the one who can read hearts. People like Hitler etc would seem fit for the second death.

• Pterist
    Pterist

DOC *** There is the resurrection of the righteous & unrighteous. Either way, you get to come back in the Paradise and be judged for what you do there. Makes sense, right?***

Not too sure about that based on Hebrews 9:28...

Hebrews 9:27-28

New International Version (NIV)

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Shalom

• tec
    tec

When Christ returns, he gathers all of those who belong to him... they are changed, caught up in the sky, in a twinkling... this is the first resurrection. There is no judgment, because they are in Christ/Christ is in them. His blood covers them; so that there is no judgement/no death.

The second resurrection occurs after this (after the thousand years, be that literal or not); when all who have died come before the throne - the righteous and the unrighteous. Those whose names are written in the book of life are also not judged; becasue He has given them life. The rest are judged according to what is written in the other books.

Peace to you,

tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest, Thanks for your input, but all to complicated. OK, Iam part of the second resurrection "general most of mankind", that takes place more then (1000 yrs) with a dirty slate, I will still have to account for my sins against GOD and he may still exact vengeance.

Yes, dear jam (again, peace to you!)

Wouldn,t you say roughly 100% of mankind (second resurrection) have sinned against (God and Christ, how I don,t know) but what sins would exact such vengeance?

ANY sin, dear one. Sin is not ranked with God. It is not that the wage of SOME sin, or CERTAIN KINDS of sin is death. Sin... is sin. And it could be that one has committed only ONE sin... but 1,000 good deeds. If that one sin has no COVERING... then "justice" demands that it be avenged.

Roughly 95% or higher of mankind have never killed, murdered or raped, 80%-60% have never stole and maybe 50% never lied, lol.

Yes. Again, sin is sin. One is not weightier than another. Not in the Judgment. Under the Law, different sins had different "covers"... sacrifices. Not so in the Judgment. Then... sin... is sin.

So why go through the process of judging (unless you are a psychopath, but then you will be made new) when 99% of mankind have lived a decent life.

Because living a "decent" life is the means to obtain the free gift of everlasting life, dear one. It is not that a man be found "decent"... but that he be found FAITHFUL. IN the Life (John 14:6). Because that One is the means FOR [everlasting] life, not our own "decency."

I am sorry , but your take on God is not a loving God.

It is loving, dear one. You are assuming that those who are not forgiven for theirs sins were just ignored. This is NOT true! The Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, made a VERY loving provisions for ALL of mankind... including (particularly) sinners: the life of His Son. He GAVE that life... of His OWN Son... so that NO ONE would HAVE to die eternally. Because He doesn't want ANY to die. But you are trying to understand things... laws... beyond THIS world... by means of the things... and laws... OF this world.

He is a God that do not forgive,

Au contrare, dear one - He absolutely forgives. He FORgave... even before you came into THIS world. Like many in this world, however, you perhaps think life is a RIGHT. It isn't, dear one. It is a GIFT. You didn't choose the life you HAVE now; however, you CAN choose the next one, though. Simply by choosing Christ. You don't HAVE to choose him, of course. But if WANT life... you have to CHOOSE Life.

the God of the Bible.

Not entirely, dear jam. In some instances, yes. In many... no. You are basing your understanding of Him on what you BELIEVE the Bible "says"; however, if you TRULY want to understand Him, indeed KNOW Him ("THIS means everlasting life: their KNOWING you... the True God... AND the One whom You sent forth")... then you need to look at and to the One He sent to SHOW us Him.

Of course, you also don't have to do that, either. It truly is your CHOICE, dear one. Truly.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• james_woods
    james_woods

Aguest, my adopted cat thinks you have failed in the nature of charity.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGUEST, So what happens to my if I believe in Christ as my salvation, and I have so much faith that I ignore the WTBTS and I partake, believing in all my heart that I should? What if I keep trying not to sin but I do anyway? What if I drink too much on occasion? What will happen to me? I can't NOT sin!

Both Christ and John aswered your question, dear DD (greetings and the greatest of love and peace to you!). John first:

"My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—[Jesus] Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world."1 John 2:1, 2

John when on to say more, as to those who hate a brother or sister. But I will let you read that for yourself, because I want to direct you to what Christ, that advocate, was recorded to have said:

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

And...

You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sisterwill be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell. Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift."

And... well, you can read more at Matthew 5:21-48.

Even so, as you said ALL sin. So what do we do? We take advantage of the COVERING provided FOR our sins: the blood of Christ. We "wash" our "robes" in that blood... so as to have our sins removed/blotted out/covered over.

Now, we cannot misuse that provision: we can't go around doing our own will and then say, "Well, I can be/am forgiven because of Christ's blood." No, that would be accepting the undeserved kindness and missing its PURPOSE. And what is the purpose? That ALL have sinned, but because God does not WANT any to die He provided a ransom, a means for COVERING sin... which is VALUABLE gift... and not one to be abused but revered. Given the proper respect it deserves... the One who provided it deserves.

And through the provision of THAT gift... Christ's blood, which covers the sins of those who have FAITH in it... along with the flesh of Christ (the "leaves" of the TREE of Life, he, the True Vine, Root of Jesse, Sprout!)... comes the gift... of [eternal] life.

I hope this helps.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Aguest, my adopted cat thinks you have failed in the nature of charity.

Well, then, praise JAH that my salvation doesn't depend on what your dear kitties think, dear JW (peace to you!). Although, I don't know how in the world your dear kitties... or you... would know anything as to me and charity. In truth, they'd probably actually be surprised. You, too. But blowing my horn before my "acts of mercy" isn't my style, dear one. I'm more of a "left hand not know what the right hand is doing" kind of girl.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• jam
    jam

Aguest/ Tammy; So your name is written in which book, or

do you feel you will be a part of the first or second resurrection, if

Christ come before you die. In other words, if Christ came tomorrow

do you feel you will not meet death and be taken away to heaven?

All of this is so familiar, oh yes, shunning , being DF in the borg and

the 144000.

• designs
    designs

Sin in the Christian world depends on accepting as factual that the first homosapien was a special creation of a God and not evolution. That first homosapien appeared just 6000 years ago as the literal Adam of Genesis. Sin in the Christian world also requires that the first female homosapien came about by God taking a rib from Adam and making a female. Sin only stands up to a litral reading and any allegorical reading of the Genesis account throws Christianity on the heap of mystic religions. So to accept 'sin' as a Christian are you willing to stand up and say Adam was the first homosapien from special creation and just 6000 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit