If all of our sins are forgiven, what is GOD going to judge us for when we die?

by jam 55 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

AGuest, Thanks for your input, but all to complicated.

OK, Iam part of the second resurrection "general most

of mankind", that takes place more then (1000 yrs) with a dirty

slate, I will still have to account for my sins against GOD and he

may still exact vengeance.

Wouldn,t you say roughly 100% of mankind (second resurrection)

have sinned against (God and Christ, how I don,t know) but what

sins would exact such vengeance?

Roughly 95% or higher of mankind have never killed, murdered or

raped, 80%-60% have never stole and maybe 50% never lied, lol.

So why go through the process of judging (unless you are a psychopath,

but then you will be made new) when 99% of mankind have lived a

decent life.

I am sorry , but your take on God is not a loving God. He is a God

that do not forgive, the God of the Bible.

• Terry
    Terry

Judging is a legal requirement so that a balance can be maintained between what the law calls for and the disruption of violating it.

Death puts an end to the ability to break the law quite efficiently!

When you die you don't need forgiveness since you paid your own debt!

To raise a dead sinner is to bring to life a debtor who paid a debt...which is just another way of saying nobody violating anything requiring punishment.

But, all the above pertains to Law.

Jesus freed those who actually were under the Law of Moses.

Non-Jews did what was right in their own eyes anyway.

Seems to me that a Gentile who was never under the Law could not knowingly violate the Law.

The Noahide Laws were for Gentiles who were not bound by any covenant.

The purpose of Noahide Law was to illuminate what sort of behavior would count as "Righteousness" in the eyes of Jehovah without

binding them to become converts to Judaism.

The christian (Messianic) Jews were all about winning converts and urging baptism. It was all they knew.

But, the Noahide Law made no mention of conversion or baptism.

From Hasidic University website:

1. Commandments Against Idolatry
    (57 commandments: 7 positive, 50 negative)
    2. Commandments Against Blasphemy
    (39 commandments: 14 positive, 25 negative)
    3. Commandments Against Murder
    (6 commandments: 2 positive, 4 negative)
    4. Commandments Against Theft
    (37 commandments: 16 positive, 21 negative)
    5. Commandments Against Immoral Relations
    (32 commandments: 3 positive, 29 negative)
    6. Commandments Against Eating Living Animals
    (3 commandments: 3 negative)
    7. Commandments For Legal Justice
    (37 commandments: 15 positive, 22 negative)
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

AGUEST,

So what happens to my if I believe in Christ as my salvation, and I have so much faith that I ignore the WTBTS and I partake, believing in all my heart that I should? What if I keep trying not to sin but I do anyway? What if I drink too much on occasion? What will happen to me? I can't NOT sin!

• Pterist
    Pterist

God's grace is NOT a license to sin, It's an enabling power to overcome sin.

• jam
    jam

Thanks Terry, now that I understand. The judging thing after

death just didn,t make sense.

When the Bible say "you reap what you sow", is no lie.

A thief will eventually be caught, he will serve time in jail,

pay large amount of bucks, a murderer will most likely spend

the rest of his life behind bars( being raped, beaten up etc.)

an adulteries (most likely a man) will be kicked out of his home, pay child

support, live on the streets, stress out, no money.

Now you die and drilled once again how you screwed up.

• Inkie
    Inkie

Jam: Where (seriously) did you get your percentages? I'd really like to know. --Inkie

• Pterist
    Pterist

The way I see is, we have been given the gift of righteousness in Christ and the gift of eternal Life, as a taste of divine life. What do I do with it ? , how can I be productive in using these tools that are gifts....

We look kindly on our children as they are joyful and respectfull for what we do and give them. It makes our heart glad. Is it not this loving response and attitude we have that make us want to please him in all things ? ...and when we feel like crap, And see our Adamic nature in control, come to him like an alcoholic at an AA meeting, knowing that without that empowering life we are nothing ?

• cofty
    cofty

God's grace is NOT a license to sin, It's an enabling power to overcome sin - Pterist

So how come I am no more or less virtuous as an atheist than I was when I was a believer - or if you want to push the "you were never really a christian" fallacy - how come I am no more and no less virtuous than you?

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** - how come I am no more and no less virtuous than you?*******

You may be more virtuous than me, however, thats not what I'm relying on with my relationship with God. Christ's virtuous relationship with his Father is what I'm relying on and the benefits of that work in me. I'm so happy that their is at lease one non dysfunctional family In the universe, that adopts us into that Spirit and union, it works wonders !?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Why are people judged by God if they paid the price of "Sin", history is littered with people who are most wickedly evil, "Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Saddam, Vlad the impaler.... Is your question asking if evil, willful disobedient human beings will be resurrected?

Mark 3:28 "

22-27 The scribes who had come down from Jerusalem were saying that he was possessed by Beelzebub, and that he drove out devils because he was in league with the prince of devils. So Jesus called them to him and spoke to them in a parable-"How can Satan be the one who drives out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, it cannot last either. And if Satan leads a rebellion against Satan-his days are certainly numbered. No one can break into a strong man's house and steal his property, without first tying up the strong man hand and foot. But if he did that, he could ransack the whole house.

28-29 "Believe me, all men's sins can be forgiven and their blasphemies. But there can never be any forgiveness for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. That is an eternal sin."

30 He said this because they were saying, "He is in the power of an evil spirit."

Matthew 12:

"

The Pharisees draw an evil conclusion, and Jesus rebukes them

24 But the Pharisees on hearing this remark said to each other, "This man is only expelling devils because he is in league with Beelzebub, the prince of devils."

25-29 Jesus knew what they were thinking and said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is bound to collapse, and no town or household divided against itself can last for long. If it is Satan who is expelling Satan, then he is divided against himself-so how do you suppose that his kingdom can continue? And if I expel devils because I am an ally of Beelzebub, what alliance do your sons make when they do the same thing? They can settle that question for you! But if I am expelling devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has swept over you unawares! How do you suppose anyone could get into a strong man's house and steal his property unless he first tied up the strong man? But if he did that, he could ransack his whole house.

30-32 "The man who is not on my side is against me, and the man who does not gather with me is really scattering. That is why I tell you that men may be forgiven for every sin and blasphemy, but blasphemy against the Spirit cannot be forgiven. A man may say a word against the Son of Man and be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven either in this world or in the world to come!

33 "You must choose between having a good tree with good fruit and a rotten tree with rotten fruit. For you can tell a tree at once by its fruit.

34-37 "You serpent's brood, how can you say anything good out of your evil hearts? For a man's words depend on what fills his heart. A good man gives out good-from the goodness stored in his heart; a bad man gives out evil-from his store of evil. I tell you that men will have to answer at the day of judgment for every careless word they utter-for it is your words that will acquit you, and your words that will condemn you."

Jesus refuses to give a sign

38-42 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said, "Master, we want to see a sign from you." But Jesus told them, "It is an evil and unfaithful generation that craves for a sign, and no sign will be given to it-except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For just as Jonah was in the belly of that great sea-monster for three days and nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth for three days and nights. The men of Nineveh will stand up with this generation in the judgment and will condemn it. For they did repent when Jonah preached to them, and you have more than Jonah's preaching with you now! The Queen of the South will stand up in the judgment with this generation and will condemn it. For she came from the ends of the earth to listen to the wisdom of Solomon, and you have more than the wisdom of Solomon with you now! Phillips Translation

Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
    "Today if you hear His voice, Do not harden your
    hearts as when they provoked Me, As in the day
    of trial in the wilderness here your fathers tried
    Me by testing Me, And saw My works for forty years. Therefore I was angry with this generation, And said, 'They always go astray in their heart, And they
    did not know My ways'; As I swore in My wrath,
    'They shall not enter My rest.' "
    Hebrews 3:7-11

Exodus 32:30-34

On the next day Moses said to the people, "You yourselves have committed a great sin; and now I am going up to the LORD, perhaps I can make atonement for your sin." Then Moses returned to the LORD, and said, "Alas, this people has committed a great sin, and they have made a god of gold for themselves. But now, if You will, forgive their sin-and if not, please blot me out from Your book which You have written!" The LORD said to Moses, "Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book. But go now, lead the people where I told you. Behold, My angel shall go before you; nevertheless in the day when I punish, I will punish them for their sin." (Miriam, Aaron, and Moses, with the rest, died in the wilderness. Out of well over 600,000 men, only Joshua and Caleb entered the promised land).

Psalm 69:26-28 For they have persecuted him whom You Yourself have smitten, and they tell of the pain of those whom You have wounded. Add iniquity to their iniquity, and may they not come into Your righteousness. May they be blotted out of the book of life and may they not be recorded with the righteous.

Jeremiah 17:13 O LORD, the hope of Israel, All who forsake You will be put to shame. Those who turn away on earth will be written down, Because they have forsaken the fountain of living water, even the LORD.

Daniel 12:1-3 "Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued. Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt. Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.

Malachi 3:16-17 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Himfor those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name. "They will be Mine," says the LORD of hosts, "on the day that I prepare My own possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him."

http://www.gnmc.us/Erased.html

http://biblegateway.com

http://carm.org/what-blasphemy-holy-spirit-can-christian-commit-it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit