Does Your Past As A JW Affect Your Enjoyment Of The Holidays?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I had one hell of a Thanksgiving already, to think I am going to stuff my fat ass Thursday again!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I find holidays depressing. I spend too much time noticing the absence of family and friends who have died off.

W

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I LOVE them now. Making up for lost time, I suppose.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I felt left out, lonely and depressed when I was a JW. Now I look forward to spending the holidays with family, cooking meals and buying them gifts.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Positive effect here. Love the holidays and go all out making up for lost time. Leslie

• trujw
    trujw

Guys Holidays are whatever you want them to be. How can anyone be made, happy, sad at what we create on our high holy days. Thanksgiving is gran to me as is Christmas and Halloween because I make them that way for my son and wife. Even some of my wife’s family really don’t care about the holidays as non-witnesses but that is what is GREAT about being free. I could stay home do nothing or have a feast with everyone and tell stories till the night ends. My Holidays are whatever I choose them to be not a rigid scrooge gayasss old man telling us what it HAS to be in new York. Happy Holidays to all

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

For me the holidays is about family (making new traditions and memories) and friends (getting together when everyone has a little time off). It's all good.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

I love the holidays. I just wish that I had family to celebrate them with.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would hardly give a flip about birthdays and Christmas (or smurfs or clinking glasses or any number of things) if it weren't for the idea that Watchtower hates such things.

Yes, I am very much "into" the spirit when I get away from JW relatives.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One "holiday(??)" I give a Bah! Humbug! to is the REJECT Astaroth Party around Easter. Other than that, I have Christmas decorations including colored LED lights going all summer. I now appreciate the decorations that go up around Halloween, wishing for more of them to start showing up in August and for Christmas displays in September or early October. The months right after Easter are when I wish I was in parts of Australia or New Zealand, when they start displaying Christmas merchandise right after Easter instead of waiting until later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit