WT Elders school: Look how cute that kindly old elder is! Too bad the Talmud says we have to stone our victim anyway

by sir82 66 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

Maybe there is something to the prophesy about the evil slave beating his fellow slaves because the Master is delaying.

"We love this disfellowhipping teaching."

The only value to this practice is the survivability of an organization like JW's in the face of chaos if there is a total breakdown of world government.

Organizations that have a group of leaders with training in expelling unruly members by para-judicial methods form a tight-knit and trusted cadre.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

They want sacrifice, not mercy. If they go on like that and disfellowship everybody they'll be left with the liars only some day.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

So the kindly old elder was following Jesus' example (showing love and compassion) but was overturned by two elders who followed the Pharisees' example (who clinged to traditions and rules of men)?

Why did this NOT raise a flag with anyone in that meeting (except Sir82)?

Unbelievable!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Oh, yes, get that video on youtube. That will blow the socks of the Sparlock and masterbation videos. I agree, what was depicted here showed a real lack of love and understanding for this young brother, who did, after all, come and confess to the elders. If the video was really realistic, it would show how he ends up a rabid apostate and a major contributor to JWN.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The always use the nonchristian ot for stuff like this. It's not christian.

S

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

so they're refering back to the middle ages. I remember in the 90's, the brothers bragged how much they work with people now, compared to the past. Back then they would DF now and ask questions later. The same brothers would go on about how DFing was a process to keep the cong clean blah blah blah. We saw alot of reproofs, but df's were down.

Well I guess those days are behind us, and now the crazy old guys in NY need a sacrifice now and then. So the command went out to DF, DF, DF, all those who slip and make examples out of them. That "kindly older brother" obviously represented the old thinking of mercy, compassion, and all the crap that goes along with that weak thinking.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Another WBT$ JC Meeting..

..................................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is a clear proof that WTS is wanting elders to stop using their personal knowledge and thinking and concern for people they know. WTS wants elders to stop deciding things based on their hearts. They are to just do things the Watchtower way. And the Watchtower way is to follow the letter of their manual.

Without reading their new manual, I could tell that this was a case of confessing because she was pregnant, confessing only to one time when it was ongoing, not reading Watchtowers or mentioning Jehovah. The problem with their clear-cut example of a need to DF is that the "sinner" doesn't know about their rules. People are people and will react differently.

I was always of the mindset that if the "sinner" was willing to stop sinning (cease fornication, maybe marry the girl but certainly support the child), that was all I needed to hear.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Sir 82.

Thank you.

We need those vids.

Can you pull a Ray Publisher next time and put a wire in your tie

• donuthole
    donuthole

Stunned.

These videos need to be leaked.

Share this

Google+