WT Elders school: Look how cute that kindly old elder is! Too bad the Talmud says we have to stone our victim anyway

by sir82 66 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Sir82, as disturbing as everything you're letting us know is, I nevertheless appreciate you keeping us informed.

Every day, in every way, the WTBTS continues to confirm my beliefs: It's a cult!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

We gotta get that video.... on youtube

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would think an actual video of this would help in a class action law suit, showing in clear to see, the Governing Body's merciless treatment directives of thier baptismal contract member of whom they have a fudiciary duty towards. I mean could they have not made it plainer what thier authoritarian position is toward those they have a duty/implied trust? Beat with the most severest measure available D/F those who disobey thier directives.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

What a hateful religion. Just in case there may be any kind elders on the JC, the other elders are given a roadmap on how to shut him down. It certainly explains a lot. Instead of giving spiritual advice and council, giving the person a chance to change their conduct, the JC immediately moves to disfellowship, unless the victim meets some unknown criteria for showing repentance. They are only shooting themselves in the foot, they are kicking people out who would probably stay in the religion, given half a chance. Sad. The only good thing about it is that it does wake up some people to the reality of the religion. But they lose contact with their family and friends so its a harsh lesson.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Mixed feelings on this.

Love how they are tightening the fist, its only going to lead to more people realizing its all bullshit. What chance now do they have of that fictional character coming back? Especially if he marries the girl and starts a family with her? Probably 20% or less. So DFing is counterproductive.

On the other hand, it breaks up another family. So that pisses me off.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Could a lawyer get a court supena of this video and retrieve as evidence in a case with the Watch Tower as defendant?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thanks for doing these summaries sir82.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Such abusive treament, similar to inquisition of the catholic church durring the dark ages. Being put to the question reminds me of this movie:

Goya's Ghosts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oLmILXU9E4

• undercover
    undercover

They, the WTS, are losing control. The average, everyday JW no longer fears Armageddon, no longer looks forward to Paradise in his lifetime. Without an apocolypse hanging over their heads, they start to loosen up and live more normal lives, which means, less service to the WTS, which in turn over time means less obedience to local elders and to strict rulings from on high.

Either the WTS loosens up and allows the religion to become JW Lite, allowing more personal choices and freedoms - or - they get stricter, enforce rules tighter and make sure there are no namby-pampys on the elder bodies to undermine ultimate WT authority.

We've debated for the last several years where the WTS would be headed in this regard. It seemed things were lightening up, but then we'd see evidence contrary. I personally think there might have been a power struggle on the GB, but with recent deaths and new appointments, the new regime is now pushing full steam ahead into a clear direction of how to rule.

And to make sure that the elders actually pay attention, and get it... they now rely on video instructions. A picture is worth a thousand words. Are you going to remember a Bethel elder droning on for 30 minutes in how to deal with sin in a JC meeting? But show a 15-20 minute video and it's seared into your brain. You can't forget how the 'old and kindly' elder is brow beaten to the point of giving in and agreeing to DFing the kid.

So from this school, I think we have our answer to what direction the WTS is taking... becominig hard line, obey or else, Hebrew Scripture worshipping dictators.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

well said UC!

They've been complaining for years that elders were too soft on "wrongdoers". I was on a BOE that was chewed out by a CO because we gave too many reproofs and reinstated a few people too quickly for his liking.

No doubt they are becoming more hardline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit