Looks like I have officially disassociated myself

by Berengaria 85 Replies latest members private

• Satanus
    Satanus

Glad you're ok. How does it feel to not be a jw, anymore?;)

S

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m glad to hear your not another statistic of the JW no blood policy.

Glad to hear your health is improving ,get well soon

smiddy

• moshe
    moshe

Take care! - and get well soon. A guy at my job told me his 53 year old mother was rushed to the emergency room last week- she had lost 40% of her blood from ruptured ovarian cyst - another hour and she migh have died without the emergency transfusions.

• tec
    tec

Beks, so glad to hear that you are okay!

Take care of yourself, and be as bossy as you can be, for Thanksgiving :)

Peace,

tammy

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow, Berengaria...

I'm glad you're past the worst of it...

Hey, I used to suffer from anemia myself. I started taking about a teaspoon of seaweed daily - the 'wakame' variety - for my thyroid issue, but it appears to have helped my anemia too.

Also, I've read that b-complex vitamins can help build up the blood...

And spinach!!

You take good care! Your hubby is there to help you, right???

• under the radar
    under the radar

Congratulations, Berengaria, for making the only sensible decision and to your husband for having your back. Well done!

I hope there is a special punishment for those who, like the Watchtower, turn the "teachings of men" into "commandments of God."

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and really will let others do most of the work. Maybe you should assume a new title: Director of the Feast. Biblical precedent and all, you know...

Take care.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Those who mentioned my hubby, he is beyond wonderful. Three different people on separate occasions mentioned what a good couple we appeared to be, how sweet he is and one security guard guy even said "that's some love there".

Yea, we handle most things with humor. We were both crackin' wise in the ER. At one point the emergency room Doc told the little group of nurses and ? that were working on me "look, here she is feeling so bad, and she's still making us laugh".

He went to work this morning, and left me a note reminding me to take my pills and call him immediately if I start feeling bad.

Thanks again to all of you for your thoughts. I only regret that I am not associated with a congregation so that I can confess to an elder that I am unrepentant

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Beks - Glad you're doing well. Sounds like you had a terrible scare!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am so glad you are OK, and that you took the blood you needed.

My ex husband had a hemoglobin of 3, which is basically not comparable with life. He had severe internal bleeding. Even though he had been disfellowshipped for 20 years he refused a blood transfusion. I was a JW at the time and I thought he was crazy, I guess the JW brainwashing was still in effect. It took him years to get better. It was the end of the marriage, but I couldn't leave him like that, so I had to wait several years until he was working again before I got my freedom.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Wow Lisa, having experienced 5, I can't even imagine 3. Was he conscious?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit