Looks like I have officially disassociated myself

by Berengaria 85 Replies latest members private

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Beks - In 2005 I went to the ER because i had this nagging feeling of how your mouth feels when novocaine it wearing out, however, I had that feeling in my left lower arm near the wrist, took blood tests and my reading was a 7, nurse said "when we get areading this low, we like to do another test just to make sure!" reading came back the same, they wanted to admit me and give me blood, but I wasn't feeling tired at all, so I just went home and loaded up on iron, plus I started using my juicer and drank loads of wheatgrass which is good for blood, I still do inlcude in my "green drinks" and not anemic anymore

BTW Dr wanted to remove my fibroids, but didn't want to do surgery, so just did Lupron treatmeat, that plus the fact I'm of a "certain age" now that monthly draning thing isn't a problem anymore!

• DavePerez
    DavePerez

It's amazing how quickly a blood transfusion can make you feel better when you're a quart low, isn't it?

When I got a transfusion after surgery (excessive bleeding left me low), I was tempted to ask if I could take a swig of some blood, just to make the point clear.

• watson
    watson

Be well girl!

• Glander
    Glander

Geez, Beks. This is the first I have heard. Too bad we're shunning each other.

That is scary stuff. Glad you're at least well enough to be home and making cracks.

Just heard about my sweet nephew through Facebook. Hope he is better soon.

Love

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

DaveP, hehe I asked if I could take a pint or two home for the occasional afternoon pick me up! The difference was so fast and so marked!

As for the future, I will be having a procedure in about 3 weeks. Doc said I won't be up to snuff for about a month, but by then should be good enough for the minor surgery.

Oh as for the transfusion, it wasn't even a conscious thought, it was just a gut reaction. I don't believe any of that crap.

I was fading so fast, that by the time they came back with the later results, I knew it was going to be bad. At that point the trasfusion decision was nothing. Not to mention Honey Bunny pretty much making that decision anyway

Now I'm just wondering how I'm going to manage a Thanksgiving Feast for 18 people in three days...................

• shamus100
    shamus100

Beriginglia,

If you are making dinner for 18 people in three days then I forbid it. You are sick. >:O

Don't make me fly down there....

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I'm just wondering how I'm going to manage a Thanksgiving Feast for 18 people in three days

Lots of raisins, recommended daily doses of Geritol, and a couple/few servings of liver, dear one, if you like it (some don't... I do, with lots of grilled onions... but haven't had it in quite some time - hmmmm).

Anyway, glad to know you're feeling better... and may your upcoming surgery go quickly and smoothly!

Peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Years ago a sis in the Hall had a hysterectomy and was quite anemic, her Dr. told her to make sure everyday one of her meals contained liver and spinach, after eght or so weeks her numbers were up enough for the Dr to perform the surgery.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Beks, the crazy monkey is actually right (for a change).

Let somebody else fix the dinner.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

So glad you are feeling better ! Have someone else host the dinner or at the very least call everyone to bring a dish ,then make sure everyone has a hand at cleaning up after .It is Thanks-giving ,let everyone be thankful you are here to have dinner ,and allow others the joy of giving !

Take care ,gain your strength back, and best wishes for a speedy recovery from the up coming procedure .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit