Anyone heard this? News!

by Dogpatch 58 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

Take a look at this; one search hit in alt. with exact ip number:

< http://groups.google.com/groups?q=130.94.149.224&hl=en&client=yhoo&selm=6C60F1D0DCCC0F4FBDCA8F1668BE08AF06421D%40fp1.tekian.net&rnum=1

A portion:

Another piece of UCE from "Honest Christians".

SEC.GOV: Possible fraudulent stock market scheme.

VERIO.NET: Spamvertised website WWW.GUARDTOWER.COM hosted on Verio
    at 130.94.149.224.

SECURE.NET: DNS for the domain provided by:

NS1.SECURE.NET 192.41.1.10
    NS2.SECURE.NET 161.58.9.10

• sf
    sf

Fifteen search hits in four different alt. for "watchtower.net":

< http://groups.google.com/groups?q=watchtower.net&num=20&hl=en&client=yhoo

Names, along with email addresses with watchtower.net.

Have a look.

sKally...HELLO CROOKLYN BOYS!! FRAUD?

• RR
    RR

That would be surprising. With all that money their gonna spend on commercial printing, they could give their members insurance and benefits. What commercial printer could print that many journals?

• anewperson
    anewperson

Maximus had indicated this many months ago, and Charles about two years ago. It is cheaper to have other companies do the printing. They can do the translating in-house then get it printed. Other money-saving changes are being readied. It is kept quiet so as not to alarm people.

Yes, the Watchtower Society checks the ISP numbers every time people log on. Charles said a friend was visiting the computer area and she was told this as no big deal but matter-of-factly. They also keep statistics as to how many hits are coming from various nations etc.

They are also into other electronics heavily. The rank-and-file will be stunned as they learn just how much so. So will you.

And yes there are moles. Some have learned the real truth and are now collecting items and information to share. This has gone on for ages but is increasing thanks largely to the internet. Your voices are being heard and read by people still out in the kingdom halls.

• SYN
    SYN

The WTBTS might unknowingly be running a Trojan. Be careful!

That, or they might knowingly be running Trojan detection software, and checking if any computers connecting to theirs are running a compatible Trojan.

This would mean that, provided you had the appropriate Trojan Horse proggie running silently (and virtually invisibly...only a trained cracker would be able to execute the secret commands required to start or stop or even manipulate the Trojan), they could casually browse through your hard drive. If you are on a DSL or other permanent connection, I strongly recommend running several different virus checkers.

"...the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing" - The Golden Age
    [SYN], UADA
    - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day MadApostate,

I agree with ya, mate!

I've also posted much the same suggestion here and spoken to the 'powers that be' in the early 90s with much the same suggestion regarding the magazines.

Mine was to make a combined WT and Awake monthly magazine. I hadn't thought of the brochure aspect. That has merit but I can see a drawback. That is that at times the pubs need to target a particular subject. They don't need a whole range of topics. However I must say that with the growing number of brochure titles, I'm sure that it becomes a little wasteful. I think I like your idea. Pity I'll never use it!

BTW I think it would be difficult to have the KM inserted into the magazine. Printeries prepare mags foor many different countries, all having their own locally prepared KM.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• david_10
    david_10

I really doubt that the Society would be considering out-sourcing any of their printing. However, after considering the different angles, here's one that noboby has mentioned which could be related to the problems that led to discontinuing the subscriptions: Much like the "Wall Street Journal" or "USA Today", they could have several printers in strategic locations around the country produce the magazines; distribution to the congregations would be simpler and much cheaper. Anyone have a thought on that?

But I still have my doubts that they would get this desperate (or innovative).......

David

• RR
    RR

In any event, should the Society go this route, they would be saving millions if not billions of dollars. Think of it. Letting go of 60% of the printing workforce. That is 60% less people to feed and house and misc. They have prime realestate in Brooklyn Heights one of the most affluent areas in New York City. I understand they are continuing to build at Patterson. There have been rumors for years that the Society was planning to Make the 'Patterson Educational Center' THE world headquarters. Should they sell their Brooklyn assests, they would no doubt make millions or even billions from the sales. The hotels and beautiful brownstones they own could then be leased or rented. Prime realestate for a studio in that area could fetch $2,000.00 each.

All the while, 60% of the workforce gone, and the same contributions coming in. Not bad, not bad at all.

• worf
    worf

After reading everyone's comments on this most interesting thread (thanks Randy), I believe that this rumor is true.There is no doubt in my mind that with the 39 million dollar tab they have to pay to France, and the lawsuits over various issues that are against them now, wts is looking to save and make money in anyway that they can.
    (Boozy, and others thanks for the insight on the printing industry).
    Interestingly here in the Jamaica Queens New York area, this is what the WTS is "telling" the brothers and sisters they are going to do with two kingdom halls. One of these kingdom halls is located in Springfield Gardens and has been around since at least the early 60's. I grew up for part of my youth in this hall and in recent years it was renovated nicely. The basement is used for 2nd and 3rd schools so it has adequate room.Only 3 congs had been meeting there. I know people who still go there and I can assure you the meetings are not overflowing.There are a lot of empty seats.Supposedly the borg is going to destroy this hall and build a duplex hall on the property.So at this time all 3 congs are going to other halls in the area for their meetings way across town. One of the halls that these congs were sent to is located in Cambria Hts. Queens NY This hall is located on Linden blvd in Cambria Hts and this hall was also also one of the first in Queens nicely renovated in recent years and I helped in this renovation.The meetings at this hall are also full of a lot of empty seats so therefore there is adequate room. I have been informed that this hall is now also scheduled for destruction to build a duplex hall on the property. My informant who was taken out of the first hall mentioned above and sent to this one tells me that they are wondering what is going on, and why duplexes need to be built in place of these 2 halls which basically have nothing wrong with them.
    I personally believe that the promise to build a duplex is nothing but a smokescreen.I believe that the wts will eventually sell these properties.I just can't believe that after all these years and with their present and obvious money saving tactics, that the wts is going to spend three-quarters to a million dollars each for 2 duplex halls.Not that they are not capable of doing that, but I believe that since property values in Queens are so high and getting higher each year, and that since these halls are in prime locations, I just feel they have something else up their sleeve. After all, they don't care about the rank and file or how hard it might be to go to another hall.
    I believe they are going to try and make money with these two properties. Therefore I am also sure that the rumor of letting go of 60% of the printing personnel has its basis in fact.

worf (warrior class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit