Anyone heard this? News!

by Dogpatch 58 Replies latest jw friends

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

So, there are three responses here that srike me as really plausible based on what little I know...

1) Outsourcing, yeah....to other JW business. The land that these buildings are on is worth several fortunes. The money they make from the sale of those lands could offset outsourcing (especially if JW businesses) for the next couple of centuries.

2) A mole hunt---I put nothin' past the Watchtower.

3) Maybe it isn't as easy to get Bethelites as it used to be. You need that constant steady supply of bodies to do the work...I can't believe that there are over 1 million ex-jw's in the wqorld, give or take a few hundred thousand, and this hasn't had an effect on the supply of Bethel material. Outsourcing becomes a neccessity.

If it turns out to be true, this may be the first REAL TANGIBLE FALLOUT from the UN scandal, and also the Bethel reaction to 911 (essentially, 'Let it burn').

HeeHee!!! Keep it up, guys!!!

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• KJV
    KJV

I have worked in construction with bethelites in the past and they were all worthless. They stood around and talked and joked and took breaks every half hour. I don't mean to dis any of you on this board that were at Bethel(maybe you worked your asses off) but I feel that the Society maybe just getting rid of dead weight.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Something is wrong with this picture. It doesn't make sense from a business standpoint (I'm the accounting manager for a business here in Seattle).
    Labor is almost always the biggest cost for most businesses. Labor doesn't come any cheaper than they get it at Bethel(somebody mentioned L&I etc don't know about New York, but here $2 an hour is a lot, and there is an exception for some charities). If they needed to buy new presses they'd run some "we need some extra money for presses campaign" and a bunch of people would send in more money. Or they could sell some stock from their portfolio. Buying new machines would be cheaper than buying labor from an outside source.

I suspect one of two things.

As some one pointed out they could be trying to smoke out a mole.

I think it more likely that they are going to pull an Enron. This would involve creating a shell company (run by and for JW's) that would do the printing under contract for a fee. The stipend to the slave labor will go up, making it easier to recruit drones, and they can tell the R&F that printing costs have gone up so the mags are going to cost more.

Could be very interesting to watch.

• Moxy
    Moxy

ive also heard various rumours from bethelites about various types of out-sourcing being planned. ill wait till we see something definite. i also think printing is an unlikely candidate for out-sourcing. KH construction or planning would be more likely.

mox

• exodus
    exodus

BQE,

I think you meant TELEMUNDO or channel 47. Yes indeed the WTS is showing commercial just like the mormons. I wonder why?

• Tallyman
    Tallyman
    They said Bethel's letting go 60% of the ones who work on the printing, and that the WT & Awake are going to be turned over to commercial printers. I thought that sounded pretty major, shakeup wise. Anyone heard anything similar?

I heard that they're shipping that 60% to newly-built Theocratic Terrorist Training Camps up in the Adirondacks, to get the young Bucks ready to carry out the 'New Order(s)'
    - take out all WTApostates -
    with the promise that if they successfully carry out their missions, they will get free passage to the "Garden of jehovah",
    with 72 Nubile Virgins awaiting...
    and if they take out one of the TOP WTApostates,
    like Randy Watters-
    well, then they'll get 144,000 Beautiful Virgins!

Those Bethel Boys are much Bigger HornDogs than the Islamic Fanatics.

edited for arithmetic

• behindthescene
    behindthescene

I was visiting the official site of JW to look at the WT commercials. When clicked on Love Your Children video to see it, got the following alert from my firewall: "A computer at IP address 130.94.149.224-watchtower.net has attempted an unsolicited connection to UDP port 6970 on your computer. UDP port 6970 is commonly used by the "GateCrasher Trojan" service or program. The source computer has scanned your computer for this trojan, but they have been blocked by your firewall.

Anyone here knows what it is all about? Could it be possible that they hacker their visitors?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I wouldn't mind knowing more about that myself. I get those alerts all the time. There really Irritating!!!

"I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory
    Some happy,some sad"
    styx

This one most definitely Happy
  • seven006
    seven006

Randy,

I do not know if this is true or not but it wouldn't surprise me. When I was asked to go back to Bethel to do some consulting for the graphics department I saw a lot of wasted equipment not being used. One was a Hell drum scanner that at the time cost a million dollars. It was sitting under a large plastic sheet and not in use. When I asked why it was covered and not being used they told me that they did not have a brother at Bethel who was qualified to operate it.

One of the problems that I pointed out to the elder who was in charge of the entire publications department was that most of the people in charge of the graphics, art and photography departments didn't have a clue what they were doing. It was explained to me that the first and most important qualification for someone coming back to Bethel to work was their spiritual qualifications. This left little room for people who could have the expertise to run any department or complicated piece of equipment efficiently. Anyone who had advanced to the level of top management in a company that could do the equal job at Bethel wouldn't be interested in taking the 95% pay cut.

Basically as I saw it, they had a lot of spiritually strong total fuck ups running the key departments at Bethel. They didn't like my synopses of what I had seen and my suggestions to fix it did not get put into use. Using an outside printer might keep the cost of scrap and out of register printing at a minimum. The watchtower is the largest, if not, one of the largest users of paper in the USA. When you buys millions of dollars worth of paper a month to run your publishing company even a small percentage of waste due to mistakes made by unqualified people can run into millions of dollars

BTW. I have been working on some of the graphics for your site and should have a 3D illustration for you to look at within a day or so.

Dave

• ISP
    ISP

One good thing about out-sourcing the printing is if it is not upto scratch they can sue the printers...shame the authors for all the stuff that has gone wrong.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit