Share your photo, only if you don't have any problem with it.

by wolfman85 157 Replies latest jw friends

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

wolfman - I agree about the bonds of the WT. Posting photos can be uncomfortable for other reasons, though. Maybe it's psychological, but I know it took me a very long time before I was willing to share a picture of myself online! I have no fear of the WT, I'm just really hesitant with everything I put out on the Internet.

It's interesting, though, to finally match faces to people on here. Some I feel like I've already known for a very long time, yet I'm surprised at what they look like, as others have already noted. We get used to seeing the avatar and I think we almost visualize that instead.

• Skbj
    Skbj

@mamochan13 Yeah one has to be careful about what he/she puts on the web I totally agree, but the way I see it is we walk in cities/towns everyday and plenty of strangers look at us anyway.

@wolfman85 Thank you. I love your look too very Sons of Anarchy :D and like someone has pointed before many gents have gone with the facial hair, it did make me chuckle to see the overwhelming rebellion lol but it's great to see people expressing their personality without fear of being judged. Well done everyone!

• jemba
    jemba

Love this JWD photo album

• tiki
    tiki

love it that the guys feel free to enjoy facial hair!! my hubby sports a full beard these days....i love it!!! love the dogs too - that neopolitan monster!!! yikes!

• mouthy
    mouthy

<<<<<That is still ME! Your all a lovely bunch!!!! Thanks for sharing....

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I grew facial hair about a month after I left. I always wanted to grow it out but for obvious reasons never did. I decided to do it so I could finally be myself and if I ran accross any JW's there would be no mistaking that I wanted nothing to do with their religion. If it wasn't for my work, I would have a well kept beard. My line of work however requiers, by OSHA, that I have no facial hair between my skin and the respirators I have to wear. I shave it in a way that keeps it inside the seal. This is one of the three types I regularly wear.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

And yes I suppose its a bit of a "rebellious" "f#$k you to the cult too

• finally awake
    finally awake

Just Ron wore a full beard for years before we became dubs, and he returned to it immediately when we left the borg. It isn't rebellion on his part, just a return to how he is comfortable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit