New JW Apologist here

by Christ Alone 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

OK... now I get it. You're goin round pretending to be an apologist.

It's bad enough when people actually believe WT/JW bullshit, but at least they have an excuse. They're in a cult. It's pretty sad to pretend to believe just to have something to do.

What a dull life you must live... My condolences...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Guys...

Christ Alone is playing - a-hem... PLAYING at being an apologist. Engaging him seriously - or semi-seriously - might help us hone our conversational skills for the NEXT time we run into Brother Knows-It-All...

Zid

• undercover
    undercover

Engaging him seriously - or semi-seriously - might help us hone our conversational skills for the NEXT time we run into Brother Knows-It-All...

No, not really. Because when someone who is free of the WT-think pretends to try to think like a cult member, they just can't do it. Your thought process just doesn't work the way theirs does. Just as a rational, sane person can't pretend to think like an irrational, insane person...

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Apparently I did ok, undercover. I upset a few people (unintentionally) who believed I was an actual dub.

As I stated before, most jw apologists leave quickly and we don't get to hone in on our arguments. jWN is largely preaching to the choir. No one challenges us on many of the things we have to say about the WT.

yeah, I know it was a flawed experiment. But I thought it was a good idea...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, Christ Alone, you could take this topic to PMs - "play" only with those willing to play...

Or start another thread with a clearly-stated title to the effect that you want to "play" or hone your skills and would anyone NOT interested in doing that, please post elsewhere?

Just a couple of suggestions...

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Well I knew what you meant as I read the OP.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Oh this is cool... going to look for the thread.

Maybe I can play the "mildly informed cause she has a friend who's a JW" householder!

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Aw... the game must have ended. :(

*giggling*

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Why did you tell us your strategy? Fervor for converting JWs will be missing now. Do you have any fear that you will soon be an active JW?

• brinjen
    brinjen

I do get what Christ Alone is doing here by pretending to be an apologist. I really do believe a lot of those over-zealous witnesses (whether active or not) actually spell out an argument that would scream out "CULT!" to the average person who knows nothing about the Watchtower or the JW's.

Usually, when they convert someone they introduce the teachings s-l-o-w-l-y. To get a much broader range of their beliefs in a very short space of time isn't something that cults use... it turns people off. But, of course, no JW realises they are in a cult (they wouldn't be a JW if they did) and don't get this.

Christ Alone... you had me in fits of laughter by the middle of the second page and I found myself wanting to scream "He's apostate, go with it for f***'s sake!". Again, job well done.

**edited to add** Not to mention the sheer lack of consideration of the facts when presented to them (you kinda didn't emulate that one too well Christ Alone... that's what tweaked me , didn't see this thread at first).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit