New JW Apologist here

by Christ Alone 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

So I take it you will use logical fallacies, evasiveness, deception, selective quoting, mis-quoting, sweeping generalisations and cite fairy stories as your authority?

Or course! Is there any other way. I think I packed it pretty thick on my first post! I haven't even gotten started yet! The Watchtower is the only true religion. We can use whatever techniques we need to bring real truth to people yearning for truth in this wicked system of things!

• sd-7
    sd-7

We would do well to avoid feeding from "the table of demons" by engaging in discussions with wicked apostates. Would it not be wiser to feed on the fine spiritual food that the 'faithful and discreet slave'--which is the Governing Body appointed by Jehovah to take the lead--has so amply provided by means of Jehovah's spirit?

--sd-7

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Very true, sd-7. However, we are also to be ready to give an answer to someone that requests it. We do well to stay away from mentally diseased apostates. But there are those on this site that are hungry for truth. These are the ones that I must reach with God's life giving truth that is being dispensed by his visible organization.

(Wow...this is gonna be tough. Did I actually believe this stuff?!?)

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I think I am going to confuse ALOT of people that don't read this thread first...

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I'm going to post as a JW apologist on some other threads too to show a JW perspective. I'll begin to preface every post with either "Jehovah's Witness" or "Christ Alone"

Christ Alone will be my own REAL comments

Jehovah's Witness will be my evil alter ego

I'm sure it's still going to confuse some...

• sabastious
    sabastious

CA, I think the child abuse topic is the most useful. If you can actually get past the initial walls and enage in meaningful disucssion a seed of truth can be implanted. Witnesses don't seem to grasp how much they take from society, but yet only give their preaching work back. They have to see that everything can't be about the preaching work and that other outfits that give back by ways of helping the poor, hungry and underprivileged are worthy organizations. How many Witnesses are first responders, firemen and policemen? Can they really hold onto the idea that their message is grander than all of these concepts put together? I know it's an easy yes to many Witnesses because that's what they are taught, but if you really measure the effects the JW preaching work has on the populace and weigh it against the accomplishments of similar outfits such as the Catholic or the Mormon church, they just pale. That's why Witnesses have to constantly study articles about how wonderful their message is because it's actually not wonderful at all and it pales in comparison to competition. It's like a businessman who just can't run successful business and the decides to use unethical means and rationally justifies it.

The court systems actually regard JW's as full citizens, but the JW's don't believe themselves to be full citizens, believing that bothers their Watchtower-trained conscience. The governments of the western world want to work with them and not against them. The ruling on the Governing Body for the Candace Conti case is wide open to the public. I don't see how a Witness can reconcile Romans 13 and the idea that the Governing Body are somehow innocent victims of Satan's World when they have a conviction of child abuse cover up by a California Jury. They would do well to see that the world actually does work in unity, but that it's run by everyday people more so than government fat cats. That is a thing of the past, we can vote our servants in, but if you discourage voting we might not get the right people in there. Without voting the people's interests are hidden. How would the US government change if there was suddenly 1 million more active voters in the game? That would come with change you could measure. The question is why do they take and not give back in the same way that they take? How does a tract made from low quality paper compete with a hospital that delivers babies into the world and saves the lives of as many people as economically possible? How can you reject a 12 man jury that rules against your religious leaders? I simply cannot understand that. If someone brought this information to my attention when I was a dub it would get me thinking, it might even give me a couple of sleepless nights and pave my way out mentally. The Watchtower is a viritual third world country and are all kept in a state of mental fog where it's easier to just blindly push forward then to stop and examine your environment.

-Sab

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I'm starting to question this experiment. Anyone think it'll be usefull? It really is hard to stomach my own arguments!!! And I'm confusing some people over on my "Is the WT the only true religion" thread.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Ok, I'll play.

How does the GB justify outright lies and deception while claiming to be "The True Religion"?

Here's just one example of an deliberate revision of WT history:

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Jehovah's Witness:

00Dad, the board of directors later became the governing body. The details of how they functioned changed, but they were always god's way of directing his organization. While the more spiritual aspects layed on the president, the board of directors, of which Hugo Remier was a part, made decisions about how god's organization would function.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

CA, Do you not understand that the G overning B ody (note the capital "G" and the capital "B") was not formally established as such until 1971, six years after Mr. Riemer's death!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit