New JW Apologist here

by Christ Alone 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I was a JW for a lot of years, like many of you. I wanted to try an experiment and try out my JW apologist chops. Since we have such a hard time finding a JW apologist that can argue well, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Obviously this would be a bit differently because you aren't going to convince me that the WT is wrong and help me to leave. But I thought it would be interesting to see how a JW would argue these points accurately.

Is this a waste of time? I don't think so. I think it could help lurkers to see how the WT argument stacks up against logic and reason.

If anyone wants to participate in this, what topic should we discuss? I'm open to any of em. Who knows, maybe I still believe in some of them? You'll never know!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

surely the WTS is the only religious organization preaching the good news of Gods Kingdom in every single country in the entire world, The Yearbook says so, surely such unity means we have been selected by God as his chosen people , plus we study the exact Watchtower article almost simultaneously in almost 300 nations around the world, The Churches of Christendom can never have such unity, clear evidence that we are being blessed by Jeehoovah?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Sounds like my first thread, jook. I'll start it.

• cofty
    cofty

I like the idea. Marking for later.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Christ Alone: Let's talk about the Trinity. :)

Just kidding...I think I'd rather talk about 607.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Explain the proof for the GB being chosen as God's Channel, His spokesman.

Go on, I dare ya !

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

My original posts will be full of WT jargon and will sound like a gung ho JW. I'll argue "well" when people start to contribute. But the OP will be my "presentation" to sway others to my line of thinking. Then we can debate.

• sizemik
    sizemik

So I take it you will use logical fallacies, evasiveness, deception, selective quoting, mis-quoting, sweeping generalisations and cite fairy stories as your authority?

Sounds like fun.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

oh, okay, now this makes more sense.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I hear that the Jewish community has an annual debate on the divinity of Christ. A representative takes each side of the debate and they have at 'er. Guess which side wins?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit