Greetings! From an Existent JW!

by Ethos 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Welcome Ethos! Perhaps it's people like you that will allow JW's to breach into the 'normal', and perhaps allow full-fledged discussions/debates such as those Russell had with other pastors of different denominations. With the internet and the passing days that shows that Armageddon is no where in sight, I think the GB will continue to loose control over the sheeple and actually have to engage the world... something they've only wanted to do when they've had the upper hand.

• Pterist
    Pterist

From one noob to another, welcome.

You could start by reading Jeremiah 25:9-12....which shows the WBTS whole foundation is based on erounous eschatology.

Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the Lord , and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations...

11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

12 And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the Lord , for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.

NOTICE THAT IS 70 YEARS FOR BABYLON.....

539 BC the fall ...+70 = 609 BC approx beginning.......

Shalom

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome Ethos,

What particular topics of interest would like to discuss ?

The door is open here for anything

I would have to somewhat agree with your comment concerning real practicing JWS disusing topics here.

Its both beneficial and courageous to reevaluate what and how we have been thinking about things from time to time.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum Ethos. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Chris

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Welcome, Ethos. I always like talking about the flip/flops.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

NewChapter: Welcome, Ethos. I always like talking about the flip/flops.

flip-flops

Me too, they're so comfy!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome aboard. If you still turn in a field service slip, feel free to count your time here. We'll help WTS get to another billion hours with negative recruiting results.

I am anxious to be revivified.

• Ethos
    Ethos

Wow, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I think we should start with a topic that everyone undoubtedly has an opinion on. Past errors/wrong teachings JWs have relinquished and what they signify. I am not permitted to start another topic for 24 hours...so let the waiting game commence.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Speaking of "warm welcome"...

You haven't received a "welcome" from the board's she-dragon yet!!!

Chinese dragon welcome

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, but Ethos...

You ARE permitted 10 posts within a 24-hour period.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit