Greetings! From an Existent JW!

by Ethos 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Ethos
    Ethos

I'd like extend a greeting to all members of JWN. I've been a lurking by-stander of this forum for approximately 6 months. I think this forum's best moments can be attributed to the involvement of actual JW's in doctrinaire discussions and to heated (though not always dialectic) debates. With the obvious want of participating, existent, actual JW's, I felt it necessary to become a member as that intellectual stimulation for which I so yearned had thus dissipated almost completely (from a lurking perspective). So my intention for joining this forum is to revivify, by participation, such discussions (i.e. JW and ex-JWs) and perhaps contribute growth or understanding (by virtue of my perspective and yours), since we can never cease to know more about ourselves and the world around us. So thanks to the moderators and participants for this opportunity. I can't wait to engage in discussion!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sure! Let's pick a topic. How about the WTS being the closest to following God's Holy spirit in our day?

"...attributed...doctrinaire...dialectic...obvious...dissipated...intention... revivify..."

Holy multisyllable, batman!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Ethos.....If your still a JW you will learn a lot from the site.

I am the Granny on board. was DF because I dont believe Jesus came invisably in 1914
    So on orders of the HEADS of the WT My daughter, granddaughter,
    & great grandson mustnt talk to me.... DO YOU CONSIDER THAT LOVE?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Welcome Ethos!

LOL jgnat...

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome!

Of course, I am always confused because from a JW perspective, aren't you going against what the "Slave" is directing by joining an "apostate" website and posting comments? I've never understood this from the apologists who have joined.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome Ethos.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi,

what do YOU want to talk about?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let's talk about the new " Slave " doctrine that you must believe until it changes again. My wife recently learned of this nu-light and thinks it makes perfect sense! Well, gotta go. I need to review my " Reasons not to kill myself " list.

• flipper
    flipper

ETHOS- Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. Lots of diverse topics are certainly discussed here. Look forward to your takes and opinions

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Welcome!

If you've been lurking for six months, you've certainly gotten an earful .... er, an eyeful!

Tell us a bit more about yourself, whatever you're comfortable with.

What topics are of particular interest to you?

00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit