Anti-JW billboard going up in Texas

by sunny23 70 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sunny23
    sunny23
    I know elders won't publicly inform a cong that a sex offender is in their midst or in the car groups with kids. However are JWS hiding sex offenders in entire comminities? Don't they now report them to police or no? I thought they became more apt to police reporting but still hid the dangers from the rest of the cong which is the exposure this bilboard lears towards. If this is true then communities would be informed by sex offender websites.
  • MarkSutter
    MarkSutter
    jwtruth must really think they're on to something with all the visits to their site. "we need to monetize this, look at all the traffic"...lol
  • steve2
    steve2
    It's like the JW.org signs on kingdom halls: Why would a non-JW even bother?
  • Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut
    I am surprised how many people believe JWs to be nice and completely harmless, so I'd rather see public awareness change.
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    I might say, "Is that a pedophile knocking at your door asking to talk about the Bible? How would you know?" , or something to that effect. With the QR or site name directing to jwfacts or something .
  • RobertT18
    RobertT18
    Why give them reason or encouragement to think they are being persecuted?
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

sunny23, You might want to link directly with:

http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/paedophilia.php

or:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/leaders-jehovahs-witnesses-cover-child-sex-abuse/

The reason being that, in a few days or weeks, the home page would have accumulated a lot of other entries on different subjects and whoever is interested might not see it.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Me agree. Me like it!

SL

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Why would non-JWs be interested? It targets a very, very small group
    Right. Either...

...this billboard is directly next to a KH and was targeted specifically at the dubs who would see it on their way in (who travel from that direction on the road)...OR...

...it would have been better to consult with a marketing professional first. Billboards reach the general public. They don't know what a KH and elders are and since the message says "your KH", it's not a message directed at them anyway. People ignore ads not directed at them personally, like I ignore ads about prostates and baby diapers.

For the general public, the messaging should be cult prevention, which could easily be done with a similar tagline like, "Is a cult recruiter knocking on your door?"

I'd rather see public awareness change.

Me too--too bad this message doesn't really accomplish that. :(

Boldness, willingness to follow through, creativity and ability to get needed financial support are all skills this individual obviously has and are needed for a successful project. Unfortunately marketing knowledge may be missing (again, unless it's reaching specific JWs who see this particular billboard on the side of the road they travel on).

cultprevention.blogspot.com

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

With digital billboards becoming more common, I say use those. Lamar.com shows pricing for 3 days @$2,362. There is a board on I-70 near the exit the JWs go to the convention. Great thing is, one can change the board in real time. Hear something at the convention controversial? change the message to respond, always using the same site URL. Now THAT might get some attention. I pass those digital billboards everyday and always look to see what's new. Static billboards are the wallpaper of the road, they just blend in. Just a thought.

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit