How would you feel about this and would you steps to change the situation

by troubled mind 30 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Next week I am having surgery at the local hospital . One of my old JW 'friends ', that no longer considers me worthy of even a hello ,is a surgical tech there .

Would you take steps to ask she not be on the operating team ? It was brought to my attention today that I do have the right to ask for that person not to be present because of personal issues .

What would you do ?

I would rather she not know any of my personal business just because of the way she treats me in public ,I am sure she is capable of doing her job .

• Terry
    Terry

If I were in the same room with a JW who had a knife and was willing to cut me I'd certainly ask that somebody get them out of the room.

Duh!

• 00DAD
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

Would you take steps to ask she not be on the operating team ?

Absolutely! Yes.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

I would ask for someone else, witness have no idea what confidentiality and professionalism is.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

you need to ask? Seriously, here's a person who will follow hs own morals principles, (I know I almost threw up when I said that), over the welfare of others, regardless of local laws and community standards.

I wouldn't even want him in the building

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I would make the request that this person is not on be on the operating team. Nothing to feel guilt about.

• under the radar
    under the radar

If it were me, I would ask that this person NOT be assigned to my case. If your care required something not approved by HER conscience, how do you know she would provide you the best medical care without regard to her personal feelings. Even if she did do the correct thing medically, she would probably feel obligated to report (or try to coerce you to report) to the elders anything not approved by the Society, medical ethics be damned...

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Absolutely!!!!

(Sorry you have to go under the knife - I will be thinking of you)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Would you take steps to ask she not be on the operating team ?

.......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit