How would you feel about this and would you steps to change the situation

by troubled mind 30 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Thanks AudeSapere, I am trying to be health conscious and eating right . I have high blood pressure so I am watching caffine intake and sodium . I get very anxious over medical procedures ....this time it is pretty minor ,but still being put out creeps me out .

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Just to be clear, surg techs do not perform surgery. They are part of the sterile team that assists the doctor during surgery- handing them the proper tools, suction, that kind of thing. And remember, even though she's not going to be part of your sugical team, she still has to follow patient confidentiality rules. She gossips and she could lose her job.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Jadeen ,I realize her what her job duties are ,and I still do not want her in my room ....at all . In our small town (and old Hall ) I have seen how medical confidentiality rules get broken with in the JW circle .

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

JWs absolutely cannot be trusted to honor privacy or confidentiality. My own experience is that elders routinely share stuff they know about the congregation with their wives -- and the rest of the cong is just as bad. Nothing they love so much as gossip.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Troubled, I was just clarifying because of some comments about being under a JWs scalpel. And I agree, I wouldn't want someone who refuses to talk to me having anything to do with my surgery. In my area, there's quite a few that do medical records- I can imagine the snooping that goes on!

• TOTH
    TOTH

Yea...leave her out.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello troubled mind,

as you have presented the situation so clearly...do not trouble any further your mind,

just ask the hospital's directio/administration, to make sure that the person you are referring to

will not be part of the surgery team or any other kind of treatment/hospital care given to you.

Simply, it is your undeniable patient's right.

Take courage...you will have peace of mind and you'll succeed,

Greeting, J.C. MacHislopp

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I agree with everyone else - you made the right decision. JW health "professionals" have been directed by the borg to ignore the legal confidentiality rules of their workplace. You cannot trust them.

Hope all goes well with your surgery.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hope all goes well with your surgery.

• designs
    designs

It is doubtful they would keep your confidentiality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit