Can longtime posters on JWN be elitist? Kind of like elders in the hall?

by trujw 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I post usually if I see an interesting post worthy of input. A newbie with only one post who asks an interesting Bible question would get just as detailed post from me as a person who has 30,000 posts to their name.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Leo is my hero; the professor of Bible History we never had at the hall...

• TonyT
    TonyT

Like any board more time + more posts = more credibility.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Farkel and minimus are the elite. If leo is to become part of the elite, shouldn't the presiding elite vote on it?

However, they are only elite here on the board. So if you met them on the street, they would not be in the elite position. Addressing farkel as your farkness would not be necesary, for instance. Likewise, minumus would not need to be addressed as mr. The showing of respect would be a good jesture.

S;)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

" I feel a little smugness from long time posters. I got out as a kid 20 years ago and since I am a newbie here it feels like we are shown a little less respect. "

The Internet seems to age people differently than the real world, like dog years x 2. In the picture below, on the left side we see a newbie, young, enthusiastic, optimistic. On the right is a poster after only a few Internet forum years, such as myself. Although I've only been here about 5 years, each of those years counts as about 14 years. Consequently, on the forum I will behave as if I'm a cranky 70 year-old!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Farkel must be about 300 yrs, by that, billy.

S

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am starting to get older here. I feel a change coming over me, kind of an attitude toward fake trolls. I refrain from commenting when someone comes on with their "I want to leave because the elders say my dress is too tight" or other such nonsense, or paints the impossible situation where nothing we suggest would work because...

I refrain because I might be wrong about them being trolls. WTS makes people strange.

Anyway, it could be happening to others. I hope you have patience with us.

Maybe some are thrown by the name, TruJW. Well, I will try to be gentle.

• minimus
    minimus

Satanus if farkel and Minimus are the elite, God help this board!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well handled, min.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit