Can longtime posters on JWN be elitist? Kind of like elders in the hall?

by trujw 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Ha ha bigmac. Cool story. This may seem odd, but I think Jwn is very similar to any org. We have the elite and the rank & file. Many honest and idealistic newcomers get delusioned by all the crap some of the BOE write here.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I think that an internet forum is very democratic, actually. Most of the long-time posters are gone- moved on to live their satisfying lives... and it is the newbies who actually write most of the threads and provide the content that forums need to remain current. If some seem elitist, maybe they have just lost interest in most of the issues here... or they could just be mean ornery SOBs!

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Agree, transhuman! Good points!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Hi trujw,

Good thread!

you've noticed what some of us too have noticed, and I'm fairly new here, about eighteen months. In that time I've found many of the long time posters to. Be immensely kind and supportive. I don't know what I'd have done without the support of one or two, such as jgnat, and also Yknot, though I know she hasn't been here for the whole time. But I also had. Tremendous encouragement and help from the first, from people who've been here for a much shorter time, such as sizemik. But it's invidious to name names, because there are so many here who helped me.

i don't think posters like that form an elite, even though at times they may seem to be with others. There are just a very few who do behave in that way, but now that I check, not very many of those have been here for very long at all.

hi there, Healthworker, nice to see you again!

• minimus
    minimus

We need to see you in the back room after the meeting.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Some elitist posters are elders in a hall.

Zid- thx for posting the pic- I was seing it the wrong way for the longest time- like a big ruffly skirt- and then thought you might be a raptor (bird) of some sort.

Cool costume, sorry to hear you got abused at the fair. People see a dragon and they just want to pick a fight.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Actually,I give longtime posters credit for sticking around here and helping those who are just leaving the Witnesses. It helped me immensely. Honestly,I have reached a point where I just don't want to think about the religion anymore. And so for those to be here to help others who are going through the process of leaving is greatly appreciated.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Totally agree, Emptyinside!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'd respond, but you haven't been here long enough for me to bother.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well since I am the eldest on here. I guess I am the "snob" Sorry to exist. mate

Bossy, Granny, Mouthy, Grace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit