How is creationism DISPROVED?

by sabastious 376 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Final thought - because the creationist god has no characteristics that are testable or discoverable (and if anyone claims that such a being does then they must explain what is discoverable and testable) whereas the observed universe is testable and discoverable. All other designed artefacts without exception are a reflection of the designer in some way.

Also you haven't addressed the tool issue. All design requires tools (even a physical body is a tool) , no design can occur merely through force of will.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Sab - you may wish to change explosion to expansion. Explosion is an incorrect term for the big bang.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Scientific discovery and acquired knowledge is much more substantiated toward a rational perceived acceptance of reality as

opposed to induced imaginary story telling perceived from human ignorance.

Over the past 100 years there's been an overwhelming amount of acquired evidence to show that the earth didn't

and wasn't created in 7 days or 7 thousand god years, so the bible's story of creationism is totally disproved upon factual evidence.

Unfortunately the majority of the human population even to this day are not exposed to this apparent evidence and more are subjected

to accept other offered explanations, such as deity creation of numerous sources.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I take this as the highest compliment anyone could possibly afford me. That means that I might stumble across something new. I don't want sloppy seconds on discovering truth.

Then you should definitely learn how science works so you can have a chance to discover something.

Is it correct that you consider me one or more of the following a) delusional b) stubborn c) stupid - yes or no?

Definitely yes or no. Or maybe. Or something completely different. It depends. Maybe.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Final thought - because the creationist god has no characteristics that are testable or discoverable (and if anyone claims that such a being does then they must explain what is discoverable and testable) whereas the observed universe is testable and discoverable. All other designed artefacts without exception are a reflection of the designer in some way.

Also you haven't addressed the tool issue. All design requires tools (even a physical body is a tool) , no design can occur merely through force of will.

Everything is testable and discoverable that's why it's used to satisfy the burden of proof. The Creator of Things may not be a thing itself. If the individual is supposed to find God themselves, which is what Philippians 2:12 basically says, then the fact that we cannot put all our God's together yet may just mean we are too young to accomplish this feat as of yet. I personally believe it's important to combine every single theistic framework together, coherently mind you, and NOT call it MERELY human imagination, but say that God exists within our minds. Not ONLY within our minds, but that's where He manifests the most which would make sense because that's how he would have the most control without simply being an overlord (which gets old).

-Sab

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    OK, now we have to add another characteristic to our Monotheistic entity:

You're cheating, Sab. OP has been disproven. You can keep adding ad-hoc solutions, but face it, even with time travel, a creator that makes something broken is not intelligent. Sorry.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

• Present before and during the Big Bang
    • Capable of creating Higgs-like particles
    • Capable of creating an explosion that expands to be the existence we reside within
    • Capable of time travel

We have something that EXACTLY matches Sab's description of God.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sab. says ..... If God is capable of time travel then it doesn't matter if we have an end to the universe.

This sounds like a sales pitch for Science, well its certainly expressive to that concept !

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You're cheating, Sab. OP has been disproven. You can keep adding ad-hoc solutions, but face it, even with time travel, a creator that makes something broken is not intelligent. Sorry.

It has not been disproved, theories have been presented. "Disproofs" have been provided. All data has not been compiled. If you think so you are having faith and you have to call your actions motivated by religious fervor, not Science.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab - you may wish to change explosion to expansion. Explosion is an incorrect term for the big bang.

Thanks, I changed it to "Capable of expanding the Higgs process into the known universe."

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit