About what one thing do you find yourself being a real SNOB?

by Terry 78 Replies latest jw friends

• tinker
    tinker

@ rather be in hades; READ The Road. Do not see the movie. Ok, the movie was just ok but the BOOK omg, one of my ATF.

so I might just be a snob about Books over Movies.

• sir82
    sir82
    Sir82 - One day I would like to go to the Opera. Where should I begin?

I've always thought "Carmen" is a good place to start - it has tunes you will recognize, which always makes it more enjoyable.

"The Barber of Seville" if you want something a bit lighter, again with music you've heard a zillion times beofre but never knew where it came from.

A lot of people recommend "La Boheme" to start with, but it's never really done much for me. But a lot of people really like it.

In general, you can't go wrong with anything by Verdi, Puccini, or Mozart.

• undercover
    undercover

I've been to some operas. Not an expert on them, but it does make for a fancy evening out on the town. Wear a suit/tux, go to a nice dinner, rent a limo, hobnob with the socialites and blue bloods, then go home to reruns of HeeHaw...

• tiki
    tiki

shoes

intelligence - i hate, abhor and loathe stupidity....

cheeze....italian & greek

people who lack imagination and balls

• tiki
    tiki

Hey QuestioningEverything - Great choices. I am hooked on Cole Haan bags.....Stuart Weitzman shoes....... Manolo's aren't cut right for my feet.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks Sir82. I rememnber listening to Carmen a school so I would recognise a lot of that.

• Glander
    Glander

Having neat, clean front yard

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cofty, I'd recommend Puccini's La Bohème . The music is fantastic. It's tuneful and romantic. If you read up about it first, the story is pretty easy to follow even if you don't speak a word of Italian. In fact, the rock musical "Rent" is based on this.

I saw it in Budapest a few years ago. The theater had a video board above the screen that scrolled a Hungarian translation of the libretto.

Funny, I don't speak much and read even less Hungarian, but I still found myself frequently watching the supertitles!

Enjoy!

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Spelling and grammar.

Books and movies (voracious reader since I was two and worked a second job at Blockbuster Video for a couple years).

Clothing (I never shop retail. Thrift stores and vintage all the way. I cannot comprehend spending more than a few dollars on an item of clothing.)

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

What about AA Brizzy? I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit