About what one thing do you find yourself being a real SNOB?

by Terry 78 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm such a snob when it comes to beer. I like to belittle people who drink Lite beers. Especially if they aren't drinking them due to weight concerns. Because then it means you like the taste of lite beer, and it is all just piss water. When people tell me they like beer and then order a lite beer, I know they are full of it. You don't like beer, if you did you would be drinking something of better quality. And don't give me the "It's cheap" excuse. You can get pretty good beers for the same price you pay for the lite crap.

See? There I go, off on a rant.

I also am a snob about the Star Wars movies. I detest the new prequels. If I get started about how much I hate them, I could be here for a four hours.

• sir82
    sir82

Believe it or not, opera.

I really like opera.

If I happen to mention this in mixed company, invariably someone will say "Oh I love opera too!"

"Oh, which ones do you like?" I cautiously reply.

"Oh I must have seen Phantom of the Opera at least 6 times!!!"

I have lost count of how many times that exact conversion has played out exactly as written.

At that point, not sure whether to use my hand in a face-palm or a dope-slap of the other person.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

james_woods: Everyone thought I was going to say Ferraris, but I said Oysters.

Isn't an Oyster a kind of a Ferrari?

But there is a ...

New 2012 Ferrari for sale in Oyster, VA

Oyster a kind of a Ferrari

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Mmm, among other things, I am a speech snob. When I am conversing with an adult who is too lazy to string together a coherent sentence I get snobbish. Foreigners in the UK speak perfect English as their second language, yet people born and raised here struggle to pronounce words properly or make sense; s tarting the same sentence three times w hilst sniffing and grimacing.

I'm like kinda left to like sort of ya now wot I mean fill in the blanks cos they kinda cant like expess emselves so im left like guessing an struggling. F*** language woo needs it wen we like got mobile fone language nah.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Beks used to always put up a picture of a Ferrari California whenever I mentioned Ferraris, 00DAD -

This was because she knew that I did not like them much because they did not have 12 cylinders.

Yes, I am a snob about Ferraris. But the Cali has grown on me a little.

(no, not because Paris Hilton has one. It has grown on me in spite of that)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Food at Nice Restaurants..

Don`t make me come in the Kitchen to Teach you Your Job..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Outlaw, if you just go to KFC, then problem solved.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

to the dude: i'm a snob about the quality of nyc's...stuff vs california, and thumbs up to the star wars, but the lightsaber action i'd have to give to the prequels.

sir82: which is your fave? opera is fairly newish to me, but i like la bohemme. i'm more of a symphony type guy, mostly because i never took the time to learn about operas when i was playing music. this'll sound silly, but i have a hard time processing speech that is too fast or too much of it at once.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

00DAD, now I know when we eventually have lunch that we'll drink 7-11 coffee and Night Train

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades
    KFC

ok, i'm also a snob about my fried chicken. popeye's man...popeye's. though fried turkey knocks that out the park.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit