SHUNNING- Oregonian Article-HUGE!

by messenger 104 Replies latest jw friends

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

So true Path, so true!!!

Do you think the alot of j.w.'s here stories like this??? I wonder how much this happens and how many j.w.'s here about the whole story.
    My father took his life about 5 years ago. My sister-in-law's twin brother took his life a few months ago. Since then, my j.w. siblins have been sending me more emails and have been kinder to me on the phone. I wonder if they fear that the stress of being out of the borg will get to me or someone else that they shun. I'm not having dinner with my j.w. family, but they are seem to have this secret communication with me by email! I always found it very hard to shun someone when I was a j.w. I couldn't do it and wouldn't do it.

Thanks for the info messenger! Tink =;o)

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Why don't I proof read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could I have made less sense!!!

What I was TRYING to say was......
    Do you think that Jehovah's Witness hear about all these suicides.
    Do you think it has an effect on how they treat non j.w.'s?

Sorry about all the mistakes in my last post....I type too fast!

• one
    one

A listing of all media writers is needed (email address)on this board.)

When you respond to an article send a copy to everyone else.

Someone please start a topic requesting email from media people.
    Tthen paste them all in one "repply". Then all of us can copy that repply and know what to do with it.

advertise, advertise, advertise.

A way of reaching the media (all at once, personally) in a massive way is needed.

• DeniseB
    DeniseB

Yardif:
    I usually only read the posts and rarely reply, but for you I will make an exception. You are breaking your own rules - by associating with anyone on this forum - Oups! maybe you did not realize this: this forum is full of DFed's, DA's, shunned EX JW's. Do you really think that your comments would make anyone of us go back -
    Mr. Dubb, I think you forgot to do you Watchtower, Awake, Bible, Scripture, Presentation....studies for the week. Maybe you should get out and taste what life is really all about: fun Enough said....[8>]

• new boy
    new boy

Well its been 5 years this month......wow

NB

• mama1119
    mama1119

What a sad story. The elder Tom Davis from Sherwood is one of the elders that DF'd me.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Nice that you popped it back up there, newboy. I was not on the board then and hadn't seen it.

Jeff

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

Funny thing, I read this article when it was published (I was still a JW then). I'm sure I scoffed at the "apostate" quotes at the time. I followed the story of Robert Bryant story pretty closely and I know deep down I felt a lot of pity for him, although I would never excuse him killing his family. Having seen my father shunned by his daughter, it really hit close with me.

I knew Dan Duron's ex-wife and kids, grew up in the same area and congregation (I think Dan Duron was one of the elders that df'd my dad!!). I always heard rumors about him and how evil he was. I've never met him but I'm sure he is nothing like the loving bro's and sis' portrayed him as (especially his ex). I recently met newboy at a ex-jw meetup and he too is a very nice and generous person (thanks again for the Heineken Keith). It makes me sad to think how judgmental I was and JW’s are when it comes to those who have left the “truth”.

~LL06

• alamb
    alamb

So sad..doesn't seem like 5 years.

• new boy
    new boy

Wow. 5 years today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit