Part of the problem here is the difference between the phoney
    smiling images in Watchtower pictures and the day to day
    reality of what the religion actually is. Examples:

Image: Disfellowshipping doesn't end family ties
    Reality: "have as little to do with df'd relatives as possible"

Image: Only those who promote false beliefs are df'd
    Reality: You must never contradict the notion that the Watchtower
    is God's exclusive agent on earth - not even as
    a private belief or in confidence to an elder.

Image: Happy families
    Reality: Divorce, unhappy marriages, most Witness kids leaving,
    widespread depression, suicide, and a leadership
    telling publishers to avoid giving answers to surveys.

metatron

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I must be Satan...I'm an athiest AND anti-idiot.

ashi

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Yadirf, my friend, I suppose I felt just as the witnesses do when they first heard the WT message. They want to share that information with everyone. Well, that's how I felt. When I found the REAL truth I wanted to share that information with as many people as I could. I felt it was important to let people know that salvation could not be gained by marching door to door selling literature for the WBTS. I believe that I have a right to inform people of the WBTS's false teachings. As for believing in God, after you have been enmeshed in the organization your entire life and you find out after decades of service that they do not teach the truth, what happens in that your belief system is absolutely blown part and you are no longer sure what to believe. That happens until you gain your equilibrium. However, I am an ongoing process. I am searching for myself this time and not letting anyone tell me what to believe and what is right. I am doing fine and this board has been a trememdous asset.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm writing Wendy an e-mail to give some additional food for thought.

carmel

• yumbby
    yumbby

It just seem like words are enough to express the pain that disfellowshipping and reproving someone causes. I fell in love with a dear sweet man and was ostracized and shunned because I didn't want to give up the relationship. No we were not sleeping together. My so called "priveleges" were taken away and I was treated like a disease. My new love offered to take me out of my very abusive "witness" household, I was told to give up the supportive relationship and return to the house of my mother who was extremely abusive. Well, I choose the wrong path according to them and now I have lost my whole family any friend I ever had or support. But I truthfully say now, its the best thing that ever happened to me. I am out of that black hole of misery, never to return.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Brilliant article..and Farkel..you're famous

Well presented article and very balanced....I have printed it off to show to a few acquaintances at work...and my boss told me that his wife used to be a JW...but because he was a worldly...she gave it up to marry him. Kind of like your situation yumbby...except she wasn't DF....she just became inactive and is so much happier for it

Beck

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Dutchie

You seem to have preferred to miss the point, or at least to get what you wanted to out of what I said.

Earlier I had said:

I stand firmly behind the WTS policy of disfellowshipping any member who is determined to disturb the peace of the Congregation by insisting they have the right to voice their conflicting beliefs amongst other members in an attempt to draw those members away from the faith. Those groups of people referred to as "Congregations" were formed under the direction of the WTS, not any individual such as yourself. Neither you nor any other disgruntled member has the right to plunder the work of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Get used to it, because it's a FACT.

To that, you reply:

I believe that I have a right to inform people of the WBTS's false teachings.
    As to your posting your personal thoughts on a board such as this for example that is your right, and of course I won’t be trying to interfere with you doing so. But if you'll look just a little closer at what I said, above, you should be able to detect that I had reference to your entering a JW place of worship (“the Congregation”) in order to “voice your conflicting beliefs amongst other members”. See that in my comments above?

If you try to do that it will NOT be allowed. You do not have “the right” to be on those premises attempting to “inform people” of your diverse opinions. Understood now?

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• mindfield
    mindfield
    As to your posting your personal thoughts on a board such as this, for example, that is your right and of course I won’t be trying to interfere with you doing so. But if you will look a little closer at what I said above you should be able to detect that I had reference to your entering an apostate place of worship (“the Jehovah's Witness Message Board”) in order to “voice your conflicting beliefs amongst other members”. See that there in my comments, as quoted above?

Uh... wait a minute... Dutchie, you wrote this to Yadirf?
    You go girl!

• mindfield
    mindfield
    If you try to do that it will NOT be allowed. You do not have “the right” to be on those premises attempting to “inform people” of your diverse opinions. Understood now?

Oh ok. So that's why we've been having so many flame wars! Ooooh...

Simon? Maybe you could take Yadirf's words and turn them against him? How's that for "some of his own medicine"?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Well yes, Yadrif, I understand that. I understood that from the beginning. What did you think, that I would go into the Kingdom Hall waving my bible like a maniac and shouting for all to listen to me because I had something important to say about JW's and the organization they worship? Of course, I wouldn't. I may be a little slow, but I'm not a complete idiot. However, if I can prove from the bible that everything that the JW's teach is not correct I can certainly pass that information on to my "friends". I could even do it at meetings by facial expressions, hand gestures, etc. Anyway, the organization was started by humans just like me and you and continues to operate under the whims anf auspices of those same humans. The WBTS is not sacred, it is not God's only channel of communication today and so I have the right to voice that opinion, here or anywhere else I choose to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit